Jan 30/2011 - Big Bay Point "area" report

ckrb2007

We hit the lake a little later then the previous day......needed some sleep...plus after the dismal outtings the past few weekends, other then my fish yesterday, I wasn't in any real hurry to get out. Randy and I set-up near the same spot as yesterday and hoped for the best. ATV travel was good up until we got out further then the "pack"....then the slush beds really slowed us down. It was slow for quite a while, only marking the odd fish and getting just enough chasers to keep us interested. I landed a nice laker around 12lbs while waiting..... then, at around 11:30'ish, the screen lit up with fish.......4ft thick on bottom. Game on.

Non stop chasers and hook-ups for over an hour. We limited out on whiteys and landed another 3 lakers and probably lost another 8 fish on the way up. I sure felt nice to get into some fish. It's been WAY to long. The Williams and tube brought home the fish today. It was a great day out on the ice for sure. I think I found another spot to add to my GPS!

Ryan (Troutuy) and Dan......always nice to see you guys out there.

The first laker of the day......another chunky one.

p1030029v.jpg

This guy put up quite the fight.

p1030034.jpg

The x67 looked like this for an hour and a half. :)

p1030032ef.jpg

Randy with his 2.

p1030035zi.jpg

Me with my 2.

p1030038a.jpg

Drove out to one spot and never moved all day.

p1030040y.jpg

Amazing....Simcoe really seems to have turned on lately....at least for the guys who are getting out some distance. Question for you about the x67c...do you use and ice-ducer or just your summer one?

I have the "ice machine" version of the x67c.....so it comes with the ice-ducer.

Colin