microbreweries, which ones do you like

spinnerdoc

Hmm.. wonder what did you call your brew Chris...I'm sure it's great. Wow your not only a master rod builder, a brew master as well? What else do you do Chris worthy.gif

And to all that replied thanks for sharing you experiences and preferences...keep em coming

Hobbyist of sorts Edwin, master of nothing. Never named my brews per say, had a ledger that helped me keep track of the dozen or so varieties I kept in the cold room.

What else do I do, LOL, not much really. Only other hobby is tying trout flies on occasion when I can get away from rod work.

These have been posted before (as I don't have anything recent)....

stone_step_16.JPG

2_skitters.JPG

mosquito_2.JPG

2_brown_stones.JPG

Hobbyist of sorts Edwin, master of nothing. Never named my brews per say, had a ledger that helped me keep track of the dozen or so varieties I kept in the cold room.

What else do I do, LOL, not much really. Only other hobby is tying trout flies on occasion when I can get away from rod work.

These have been posted before (as I don't have anything recent)....

stone_step_16.JPG

2_skitters.JPG

mosquito_2.JPG

2_brown_stones.JPG

those are some nice stones Chris, would love to try some of those this spring... ;)

honestly they are very realistic

this thread just inspired me to look into brewing my own beer at home and also made me just run out to the lcbo in search of st ambroise oatmeal stout and mill st tank house, i just got back and they didnt have the oatmeal stout but i picked up st ambroise apricot wheat beer and a variety pack from mill st consisting of tankhouse, stock ale, betelgeuse, organic, coffe porter and lemon tea beer. il report back with my reveiw. recently i really started to like the ciders like strongbow, magners, and williams but found out i have reactions to sulphites so i think i will have to stop drinking those and just have one every once in a while, some of the other beers mentioned sound really good. has anyone tried moosehead cracked canoe? seen it at the lcbo maby il try it next time

this thread just inspired me to look into brewing my own beer at home and also made me just run out to the lcbo in search of st ambroise oatmeal stout and mill st tank house, i just got back and they didnt have the oatmeal stout but i picked up st ambroise apricot wheat beer and a variety pack from mill st consisting of tankhouse, stock ale, betelgeuse, organic, coffe porter and lemon tea beer. il report back with my reveiw. recently i really started to like the ciders like strongbow, magners, and williams but found out i have reactions to sulphites so i think i will have to stop drinking those and just have one every once in a while, some of the other beers mentioned sound really good. has anyone tried moosehead cracked canoe? seen it at the lcbo maby il try it next time

avoid cracked canoe..liquid poo in my opinion. It was moosehead's attempt at a premium light beer.

quite a few taste testers there bud :canadian:

Betelgeuse is a curious one....kinda heavy like tankhouse but has a sweet Malty finish

Don't quote me but I beleive they use the same Yeast for the Wit which is why its a bit sweeter/honey like.

I carried this brew on my Taps for a few months with mixed reveiws, so I let it go.

I still currently serve the lemon tea beer....which is actually a bit of a mistake.

Its a great beer for those who like the "Bud Lime's" of the world....which makes sence in the summer.

Its really not popular right now in the midst of the snow season LOL!

But I'll continue it through the summer,

Our American Guests LOVE it, and dare I say....the women folk ;)

Our biggest selling Micro right now is Camerons Lager.

It's not my favorite as its the closest to a Mainstream profile we carry which attracts the

faint of heart :thumbsup_anim:

Betelgeuse is a curious one....kinda heavy like tankhouse but has a sweet Malty finish

Don't quote me but I beleive they use the same Yeast for the Wit which is why its a bit sweeter/honey like.

I carried this brew on my Taps for a few months with mixed reveiws, so I let it go.

I still currently serve the lemon tea beer....which is actually a bit of a mistake.

Its a great beer for those who like the "Bud Lime's" of the world....which makes sence in the summer.

Its really not popular right now in the midst of the snow season LOL!

But I'll continue it through the summer,

Our American Guests LOVE it, and dare I say....the women folk ;)

Our biggest selling Micro right now is Camerons Lager.

It's not my favorite as its the closest to a Mainstream profile we carry which attracts the

faint of heart :thumbsup_anim:

i personally like the tankhouse and now to think about it i did try camerons and liked it. i never did like the lime flavored beers.

The best one for me by far is the Upper Canda Brewery Lager.

i personally like the tankhouse and now to think about it i did try camerons and liked it. i never did like the lime flavored beers.

The best one for me by far is the Upper Canda Brewery Lager.

Haven't had a bad beer from Upper Canada though I prefered them pre Sleeman.

My fave would be their Dark Ale, great fireside winter beer, always have a few on hand for Christmas. santa.gif

Haven't had a bad beer from Upper Canada though I prefered them pre Sleeman.

My fave would be their Dark Ale, great fireside winter beer, always have a few on hand for Christmas. santa.gif

I gotta try the dark ale's one of these days. they don't hard don't they? :P

Next time you hit the beer store, try San Miguel Beer, not a micro but it's from the Philippines see what you think ;)

Edited by spinnerdoc