Coming to a lake near you!!!

lilkynan

Lets hope Kings eat them before they get big ....our club will be stocking 540000 kings in the next month or so ..the US boys will be stocking 1.5 million kings to follow ..i also heard 100000 Alantic's will be stocked in the next week or 2 also..

Wow thats not good ...if its that bad why not net them ..set net across the dam river i would think trying to get them outa the water would be better then watching them and hopen they dont get in the great lake ...but im sure like everything else there here allready ..

Scary scary clips there from youtube. I have no faith that our gov't will do anything effective. Sure, they've made it illegal to possess live Asian Carp, but that came about after ppl were releasing them as good luck. If they've been doing that, then they are already here...just have to wait for the population explosion.

I've seen how well those electric barriers work........ :rolleyes: ..........they may slow them down, but stop them.......far from it!!!

I think its already too late. They're gonna be here before anything gets done about them.

Sinker

Here's where genetic engineering can help... Provided they don't mess it up...

Engineer their genes so that the carp only grow to be < 2 lbs max in size. Put these engineered carps in the missisip now and have them interbreed.

They will remain lower on the food chain and won't reproduce in the #'s they are at.

I know GE has risks, but at this point some fisheries are already gone what's there to loose in those waters?

Its not like this is anything new, eg: MNR/DNR and the Splake program.

The problem is you have these fish that come in and swamp the who ecosystem and grow to such a size that no predator can take them out... limit their size and at least we have a chance....