Simcoe Report

Pikeslayer

I had the pleasure to visit Le Chateau Skeeter en Lefroy this weekend. Unfortunately, when i arrived Skeeter told me that he was overbooked but he did have a couple of guests checking out early and i was more than welcome to hang around outside his hut. Y'all know how brutally cold it was but Skeeter was kind enough to allow me to come into his hut for a minute whenever somebody inside had to pee (I really wished that they had to pee more but I found out later that they were wearing depends). He even gave me a half a cup of warm coffee that he didn't want anymore. I think that saved my life.

There were hundreds of huts out there but Skeeter said that they were reserved for 'guides' or higher and that because I was just 'almost a guide', I would need to make more posts on line. Thankfully, a couple of Skeeter's friends left at 1:30 and his son Daniel told me there was room for me now but I had to surrender all my food and Canadian Tire money if I wanted to come inside. I happily handed over 4 lbs of back bacon and $1.15 in cold (really cold) CT cash. I was so grateful that I threw in a some fresh bread as I was so happy to finally be fishing. Well I was finally able to hold a rod by about 2:30 and the fishing was fast & furious until 3:00. I lost count of how many fish we caught because I don't think my brain was functioning very well (it was really cold outside).

Daniel liked the back bacon so much, that he told me I could come back this morning as long I brought him hot chocolate and a double dip chocolate donut. I was happy to oblige but I had to rob a convenience store because Tim's doesn't take AMEX. It was so worth it to spend just to spend an extra few hours with Skeeter & Son.

I really, really had a great time.

A great big THANK YOU to Skeeter & Daniel.

Pikeslayer

I just laffed so hard i dropped the TV remote and now i'm stuck on the OLN channel watching Mantracker foreverwallbash.gif Serioulsy !!!! Dam cheap pieces a horse hockey.

Simon, You are a gem, and a very funny dude !!You me and the Skeetman should really get together some day for some soft water fishin.We can bring SkeeterJR along as Muskie bait.Just kidding Daniel(not)rofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gif

i vote for this being one of the funniest reports! :thumbsup_anim:

even if you have to wear rubber boots while reading it.

not everything he said was true.....

" He even gave me a half a cup of warm coffee that he didn't want anymore. "

it wasnt my coffee,someone left it in my way and i gave it to you to hold. :tease:

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to say that all kidding aside, Skeeter (Dann) is first class all the way clapping.gif .

A true fisherman that I am now glad to call my friend.

Simon

ps. Thanks to all of you that welcomed my son Sean (pikeslayer jr) to the board. You really put other forums to shame.

Great story guys. I can't believe you had the balls to stick around to fish. i'd call it a day if there was no hut available. that was cold.

ahh grasshopper, when you can freeze the fuzz off the peaches, and smile as you fish, then you will understandGonefishing.gif