Lund Impact

Dan668

Seen Lund released a new boat, the Impact. Have any of you guys seen it? What are your thoughts? Looking to purchase a new Lund, not to sure of any dealers around Mississauga. Any of you guys have experience on buying new Lunds at a dealership? If so specify which dealer (looking to buy from an a dealer that offers fair prices), i have to call for some quotes.

Thanks

a buddy bought a new lund last year. he shopped it around and found tuckers marine located in apsely to be have the best price and were great to deal with from what he said. The salesmen even arranged for him to meet someone who he had just sold the same boat to and arranged a test drive

Though you've got to shop around to find your best deal, keep in mind where the most likely/convenient dealership you will have service done. I would strongly suggest giving this dealer the chance to match the price or even paying a few bucks more (within reason certainly) to build a local relationship.

Speaking from experience here, best choice I ever made was to buy locally (Winnipeg Sport and Leisure) and not drive 6 hours to save a few dollars. Any issue is looked after quickly and with awesome service. Also met a few great guys and fish with the gent that I bought my boat from.

Good luck with your purchase, the Impact is a nice looking rig.

Like Jay said.. the best deal may not be in your own back yard... BUT take travel for service into consideration before pulling the trigger.

As for a few mentioned Lund dealers... you'd have to walk right in because they can't be bothered to answer email....even to make 10 to 20% on an 80 thousand dollar boat, that they didn't have to 3rd party finance and then put on their showroom floor to try and sell!

Edited by irishfield

I just came back from the boat show and can't make a decision. I am trying to decide between the Lund Impact and the Explorer Sport. Any thoughts from the members here.

Other than the 20 foot version the specs seem to be the same between the Lund Exp 1825 and the Impact 1875.

I really can't decide. If you have any pros and cons for either, let's hear them. Thanks Romeo.

Pricing:

1) Phone deals can be done. You just have to convince the person on the other end you are serious and have a good reason for not going in person. Some just won't deal over the phone, those are the ones that steal fewer deals from competition.

2) I found Canadian Dealers not as good at negotiations that benefit the buyer. The Lund dealer at the boat show came across as a pro but I did not get into negotiations. The Lund guys were there too and helped out a lot. I too am thinking there are deals to be made. US dealers are worth calling for sure, they want business too.

Difference between Impact and Explorer:

Those boats did come across as very similar in feel. I am going to guess you already have the brochures with specs and you are different than me (I liked the Impact)

Go to the boat show (or if your lucky enough to have a dealer with both go there too) and pretend you are going through through your daily prep or fishing routine: are the rod storage compartments long enough? Where are your rods and tackle going to sit when you are not fishing? Will the kicker motor be rigged as you like / think it should be? KNOW what the options are and how they will look/operate, do not assume.

Seen Lund released a new boat, the Impact. Have any of you guys seen it? What are your thoughts? Looking to purchase a new Lund, not to sure of any dealers around Mississauga. Any of you guys have experience on buying new Lunds at a dealership? If so specify which dealer (looking to buy from an a dealer that offers fair prices), i have to call for some quotes.

Thanks

Edited by mrpike

got my lund at discount r v in maple ontario on keele st. they are a lund dealer. I all so have my lund up for sale EXPLORER 17 ft side console with a 115 mercury 4 stroke and all the toys are going with it . its in mint shape for under twenty grand this is a real nice package a must see. if it is the type of model you are looking for.it was over $34000.00 new in 2006. black and grey in colour with a easyloader trailer. And its here in Etobicoke give me a shout if you what more info. KEITH 416 -6201729

DISCOUNT RV IN MAPLE ONTARIO 905 303 1777

Edited by mrpike