Any reasonable Insurance Companies in The GTA

dsn

I was just wondering what's the rates like for a High Risk Driver. Like Melaugh.gif Been insured before but after the car rusted away never needed another automobile.

Since I haven't been insured for sometime now... just wondering roughly what the rates would be now.

Long ago for newbies it s $3000 for 1 yr .

Any reasonable companies out there or are they all greedy as dogs?blush.gif

Thanks

dsn

It really varies depending what car you got. I checked 2-3 years ago (i was 20 back then), to put me as the primary driver of my family car, a 2001 nissan sentra, was $4000+ a year. It's ridiculous. I've had a license since i was 16 and my whole family including myself has a clean record. Mind you the company was more catered for people in their 50s+ (like my parents)

I've actually been looking to get a car myself as well. I heard that TD has pretty good rates but their services aren't the greatest.

Maybe you can look into buying an older car and only get the "3rd party insurance" or something like that.

Try RBC...we saved a bundle on our house and cars and were treated very well when we had a claim on one of the cars.

RBC has been the best for us too. Over $1400/yr cheaper on our 2 vehicles, house and snowmobile than any of the local agents were able to quote us for the exact same coverage.

Edited by Old Man

Your insurance rates depend on a LOT of different things....

Just a couple of things that will lower or raise your rate from someone else.

Where you live

Is the car parked in the driveway or the street

Do you use the car to go to work

How far is it to work

How many mile do you annually drive

How old you are

What kind of vehicle you drive

How old the vehicle is

What condition is the vehicle in

Your driving record

How much insurance you want

My son is a insurance underwriter and the one thing he always says....DEAL direct with the insurance company if you can, like on the internet or phone....if you have a broker you're paying him also and that's money that you could use for expensive gasoling.

Good Luck insurance fishing,

Bob

TD Melloche Monnex. 2 new cars, boat, house, cottage, and snowmobile... $340/month. And never had a problem with their service.

And I wrote off 2 trucks last year. Only 1 was at fault

TD increased my rates by 500$ a year because premiums went up. I am 25 with a clean record and pay 168$ a month for a 98 tdi jetta. That is with a "multi car discount". Robbery.

I've been clean when I had the car. No parking tickets, no accidents, nothin, not even speeding since the car couldn't even go past 100km/hr . All I had was hyundia pony if anyone remembers those cars. It was just something to get around then. Until it rusted through and the leaf frame gave way and the car went lop-sided.whistling.gif And the left side of the car frame was touching the back wheel. Junk yard it went. $30 bucks.

Ok looks like The fingers are pointing to RBC.

Thanks for all the replies.

DSN

Edited by DSN

Shop around. Call a lot of brokers, check on the web, it's going to take you a few days but if it saves you a few hundred bucks...........

Unfortunately, as far as the insurance companies are involved, you are a brand spanking new driver. They will treat you pretty much how they treat a 16 year old. Your driving record and the claims experience of your postal code area determines your rates, some companies get hammered in certain areas while some have very little by way of claims.

I've been with Allstate for 12 years now and nobody can beat their rates on my combined home/auto/trailer policy. Mind you, both the wife and I have clean records, I have not had a ticket in over 4 years and no at fault accidents in over 10. Brokers hate Allstate because they only market to the top 10% of insurable drivers. They take the cream and leave the milk for everyone else. Unfortunately they reorganized a couple of years ago and lost a lot of their top agents but as long as I get good rates, I personally don't care who I deal with.

To save a few minutes is not worth the costs involved with traffic tickets. You have 2 on your record and your insurance company has a field day with you. You will pay for your tickets for 3 years until they go off your insurance record, the ministry is 2.