No fish were harmed in this report

misfish

Was another great to be out with friends.There was Andy,Pondo,Adam,Chevy,RobC (BTW Rob,why didnt you follow :dunno: )and myself.Two others I didnt know. Chuck was the leader of the pack, and was on a mission to find a certian spot. So we all followed.Walking and dragging and chipping,walking and dragging and chipping.Was a workout with the new snow and wind drifts. Finaly we arrived at our first spot.Everyone gets drilling and spudding and lines go down.

Your truely hit first,second and third fish right off the bat.Perch,herring and another perch.Chuck wants to steal my hole now.LOL All three fish caught on the fat rap clown.Gave Andy a chuckle. After about an hour with nothing to show,chuck was on the move.We all soon followed,well except one. :tease: Second stop was pretty much the same,perch and herring.It,s now 11am and Andy gets the call,it,s time to move again.Man I was just getting toasty too. :good:

Third spot was again the same.Now it was time to move for the final time(further out) :w00t: . Word was out, that whities were in the area,so we set up and yep,I get 3 perch, oh and snag a tiny smelt(love the smell of those little guys). Totally crazy these perch are in 80 fow

The ice was pretty good at all places we stopped.4-6 inches. 1:30 it was time for that 1 km walk back.The snow and drifts were like walking in sand.Killer on the back dragging the portable.Once I made it to the main beat down trail,it was easy walking from there on.I couldnt wait to see this site.

20110109_06.jpg

Heres a few pics of the day.No fish,as they were put right back down the hole.

20110108_01.jpg

20110108_02.jpg

Adam was a trooper staying outside all day in that wind,but the sun was warm Im sure. :whistling:

20110109_03.jpg

The long haired hippie. :canadian::tease:

20110109_05.jpg

Thanks again guys for a great day.Fresh air and walking does the body and soul good.

Nice seeing pondo and Adam again,been awhile guys.Lets do it again.

5 days of work :wallbash: ,then back at it again :good: .Most likely BP,or BBP.

Edited by Misfish

Yup,I had fun anyways.....The two guys in the background of Adam outside Andy's cube pic are the guys that left from beside me with their limits in whities,and I just got a call from a buddy who's son got 2 whities and a laker today,so there was fish to be had ,but alas not by us....Nice day ,but the wind could have buggered off anytime....Oh and aplumma,here's an inside shot....TC All and tight lines...Chuck...chuckb.jpg

Edited by Bigchev4x4

Yup,I had fun anyways.....The two guys in the background of Adam outside Andy's cube pic are the guys that left from beside me with their limits in whities,and I just got a call from a buddy who's son got 2 whities and a laker today,so there was fish to be had ,but alas not by us....Nice day ,but the wind could have buggered off anytime....Oh and aplumma,here's an inside shot....TC All and tight lines...Chuck...chuckb.jpg

I love that face my friend... sooo are you at Lak Air this year? I missed ya last year.

Art

I love that face my friend... sooo are you at Lak Air this year? I missed ya last year.

Art

Try pming him about that Mod.Works for me. :whistling:

Did you see the 2 crazy guys almost walk to Snake? Yeah that was us, didn't catch a wrong word thing except for perch in 80ft of water!!! Unreal.

Yep, catching perch at those depths is nuts.The walk back with the wind in yer face was not a welcome feeling.

Let me know when yer heading out again Bill.

Guest gbfisher

We ran into a guy I know on shore who said another friend I know went through in between where we walked out and the main group. The bugger stayed out there after going though...lol Die harder. They said he went up to his head but got right back out and didnt get as wet as ya might think. Crazy ice out there and crazier people driving machines on it. After showing a guy on a quad how thin it was right in at shore he ran straight in. Two quick hits with the spud and it goes right through still. Sure there's some ice at 4" but there's more at 3" and some at 2". :unsure: We certainley didnt find any at 5" but some say it's out there. All depends on who you talk to.