This looks like fun :)

DRIFTER_016

We used to imagine we could drive like that and wished we had cars like that, but 650 hp in a little peanut is awesome. I wonder how much that cost in engine wear and wheels/tires. The tires alone were probably hundreds of bucks each plus 2 rims at who knows how much, and engine and drive train damage would be hard to measure. But it sure was fun to watch. Imagine riding with him. I wouldn't even dare to think I could make the car perform like that but it sure would be a hoot to try.

Suppose you could bump your Pilot's hp by about 150%. Do you think the stock drive train would hold together for more than a few minutes? I can only imagine how much money was spent to build that car. It sure ain't yer average street legal Fiesta.

JF

We used to imagine we could drive like that and wished we had cars like that, but 650 hp in a little peanut is awesome. I wonder how much that cost in engine wear and wheels/tires. The tires alone were probably hundreds of bucks each plus 2 rims at who knows how much, and engine and drive train damage would be hard to measure. But it sure was fun to watch. Imagine riding with him. I wouldn't even dare to think I could make the car perform like that but it sure would be a hoot to try.

Suppose you could bump your Pilot's hp by about 150%. Do you think the stock drive train would hold together for more than a few minutes? I can only imagine how much money was spent to build that car. It sure ain't yer average street legal Fiesta.

JF

Not to mention the body damage from where he slapped the wall when he first pulled onto the high banks!!! :whistling:

Not to mention the body damage from where he slapped the wall when he first pulled onto the high banks!!! :whistling:

I saw that. He left a huge tire mark. It must have been the end of the line for that car. I don't suppose there's a big market for used gymkana cars that are totally baffed out. That one actually sounded pretty ragged at times. It's hard to tell if it was just over the top tuning or an end of the line engine.

JF

John, I love the crackle that comes from it.Sweet music.

No kidding. Not everybody gets the attraction of a snarling exhaust. There's a great video on youtube of a guy in Europe gunning a red Ferrari around early morning highways. He's got a trick exhaust system on it and it sounds awesome. To this day I remember the first time I heard a Honda Four on the highway. I was tooling along in my MGB with the top down and heard a sweet exhaust growl behind me. Thought it was a Ferrari or somesuch and realized it was a bike. I slowed down a tad and the guy ripped by me. My wife didn't get it at all when I started babbling about the sound. The sound was half the fun of bikes and tricked up cars. The problem was enjoying the sound while keeping one's license. I had a beautifully tuned straight pipe on a bugeye Sprite one time. As long as I kept my foot out of it the sound was just barely legal in town, but when I stuck my foot in it the thing sounded like a race car (until you saw how slow it really was).

JF

I saw that. He left a huge tire mark. It must have been the end of the line for that car. I don't suppose there's a big market for used gymkana cars that are totally baffed out. That one actually sounded pretty ragged at times. It's hard to tell if it was just over the top tuning or an end of the line engine.

JF

He spent a lot of time on the rev limiter. :rolleyes:

No kidding. Not everybody gets the attraction of a snarling exhaust. There's a great video on youtube of a guy in Europe gunning a red Ferrari around early morning highways. He's got a trick exhaust system on it and it sounds awesome. To this day I remember the first time I heard a Honda Four on the highway. I was tooling along in my MGB with the top down and heard a sweet exhaust growl behind me. Thought it was a Ferrari or somesuch and realized it was a bike. I slowed down a tad and the guy ripped by me. My wife didn't get it at all when I started babbling about the sound. The sound was half the fun of bikes and tricked up cars. The problem was enjoying the sound while keeping one's license. I had a beautifully tuned straight pipe on a bugeye Sprite one time. As long as I kept my foot out of it the sound was just barely legal in town, but when I stuck my foot in it the thing sounded like a race car (until you saw how slow it really was).

JF

I remeber driving along the 401 one day and hearing a wonderful growl coming up on me from the rear when I turned my head to see what it was a huge smile came over my face. :D

The culprit was an original all steel narrow hip 427 AC Cobra!!! love.gif

I still get goosebumps when I think of it. :lol: