Boat Equipment

I am looking for advice from everyone who has a boat on this board. I will be picking up a new boat in a couple of weeks that i picked up at the boat show a few months ago. 18 foot aluminum. I have never personaly owned a boat. I am sure there are lots of little things that i should have in my boat that i would never think of. So with that said i am going to the sportsman show tomorrow and will be looking to but some of the essentials. I can figure out the oar, life jackets, emerigency kit but i need some advice on what else are must haves that are not legal requirements that i cannot think off. Any and all advice welcome.

Assuming there is a trolling motor....

Batteries for trolling motor (if not included)

On-Board charging system (2 or 3 bank depending)

Small Sonar for the trolling motor (is a universal sonar model)

Combo Sonar/GPS for the console area

Ram mount for the combo unit

Ladder (if you go swimming)

Well, that's a start.

Anchor

First Aid kit

mini bolt cutters

Toilet paper

Mooring lines

dock bumpers

photo copy of vessel permit

spare fuses

spare key well hidden under floor mat er I mean well hidden some where in the boat.

Inboard tank? fire extinguisher ( I think it is type "C")

SUN BLOCK

All in one tool pouch ( Canadain TIre or Wallmart)

Fish markers

drift socks

compass - GPS

LOL i was reading the posts and everything but Life jackets were mentioned.lol I am sure you will have one for each passenger?!?! But I have to admit I think one of the biggest things I always want but never have is towels... It sounds stupid but keep a couple on board a good one and a nasty one. And keep a a small gas can too. and a small cheapo tool kit you know one of those job mate ones from Canadina tire so you can do on the spot repairs... duct tape, knife and gear clamps.

A few spare fuses in assorted sizes, unless your new boat is equipped with circuit breakers.

If cup holders aren't already built into the boat, you may want to install a few to hold your drinks......nuthin worse than hitting a wave and having your Coke spill all over the new carpet :w00t:

Always a good idea to carry a cell phone with you for emergencies.

Congrats on the new boat !!