Whats the dumbest thing youd dog has done

mercman

Benson was a typical lab, missing a gene that told him when he was full! He lived to eat but for most of his life we managed to keep his weight under control.

Well, probably the funniest two, both involved food of course....one when he met the pizza delivery boy at the front door, pizza boy dropped the pizza, Ben grabbed the pizza and it was gone in 30 seconds.................and yes, I paid for it, including tip.

The other was when we left a dozen large kaiser rolls on the kitchen counter and went out for a while. When we returned the empty plastic bag was on the kitchen floor, with a less than 2" diameter hole in one corner. He had pulled them out one by one out of that hole! He was OK until he decided he was thirsty and drank his full bowl of water, you could see his abdomen expand by the minute. Took him two days recover from that one...

Still think about him every day...

I have a 6-year old Labradoodle and she is the biggest pain in the butt when fishing. About 2 years ago while fishing on Lake Temagami I thought maybe I should just put a fish in the livewell and let her watch it. So a dink smallmouth goes into the well and she is content laying on the back casting deck watching this fish in the well. The next thing I know she back at the front of the boat with me and this time she's really content because she's holding the fish in her mouth.

The other crazy habit that she has is taking chickens for a run around my property. I live on a farm just north of Barrie and when we first bought we thought it would nice to have a half dozen or so laying hens. We had typical 'Green Acres" like visions of hens walking around the barn clucking away and fresh eggs for breakfast. Apparentely chickens and bird dogs don't mix....who knew? The first time it happened I hear my son who was 6 at the time freaking out by the barn, I was in my office which looks the opposite way. The next thing I see is this chocalate Labradoodle running by my window with an excited Brown Leghorn in her mouth. 3 circles around the property and that chicken was ready for the soup pot and I was on my way to build a fenced in run around the chicken coop we just put up.

My dog's a saint :whistling: other then eating a pound of butter with the tinfoil still on (more then once) and knocking over our "green bin" and feasting on whatever rotting gruel was inside. My grammas dog on the other hand. Try pulling panty-hose out if it's butt!!! LOL

Edited by ckrb2007

When I met my wife, manny moons ago, she had a blonde Lab/Pointer/everything else mix dog named Ben.

Funny dog, I used to fish for him in the school yard. Tied one of those nylon bones to my musky rod and cast away in the yard. The dog would grab the bone and fight me all the way in... heck, he'd even jump a few times!LOL

I recall coming home one day to find the kitchen floor covered in apple cores... yess, Ben loved apples and had taken it upon himslef to eat a ten pound bag of Macs... I found the dog standing at the patio doors, back legs crossed just waiting for someone to come home and let him out. The look on his face when I let him out was priceless!

HH

My dog's a saint whistling.gif other then eating a pound of butter with the tinfoil still on (more then once) and knocking over our "green bin" and feasting on whatever rotting gruel was inside. My grammas dog on the other hand. Try pulling panty-hose out if it's butt!!! LOL

rofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gif

that reminds me of the cocker i spoke of earlier. Loved to eat the tinsel off the xmas tree. When it would PASS, it would get stuck. somtimes a piece of poopblush.gif would get stuck on it too.Well you should have seen the look of panic on his face as he ran, dragging his butt trying to get it off.rofl2.gifrofl2.gif priceless to say the least.

rofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gif

that reminds me of the cocker i spoke of earlier. Loved to eat the tinsel off the xmas tree. When it would PASS, it would get stuck. somtimes a piece of poopblush.gif would get stuck on it too.Well you should have seen the look of panic on his face as he ran, dragging his butt trying to get it off.rofl2.gifrofl2.gif priceless to say the least.

Funny enough, I had a cat that loved tinsel... would suck it off the tree like pasta... and yes, I would find it in the litter box... heck, I even hung it off the tree one year... pricess looks on visitors faces as they admired our tree, until they came to the cat's contribution! LMAO

HH

Guess I'm lucky? I could set an entire steak dinner on the floor and tell the dog no.

Hours could pass and it'd still be there. Never even have to keep food on the counter out of her reach!

Sadly though I just can't seem to get her to give me any indication that she needs to go out, she'll just curl up, shiver, shake and pant hoping I notice.....LOL

My Great Dane has done a few things...they are the friendliest dogs in the world...but some times I wonder about their smarts!

He was sprayed by a skunk and ran into the house, through the screen door and went into every single room in the entire house...it took weeks to get the smell out! :tease:

I had my deer skull on kitchen counter, went grocery shopping, my wife and I came back...I looked at him sitting on the couch, eating his bone....then I hear my wife yell...ITS NOT HIS BONE, ITS YOUR DEER SKULL!! :wallbash:

Last week, my girls made thier lunches and put all of their snacks on the counter. Woke up in the morning and every single snack was opened and eaten by him. All the wrappers were sitting on his couch. :angel:

I still love him!

had a male Pom a few years ago.I couldnt bring myself to get him...ah..fixed.We never had a problem with him. always friendly with visitors. One day a female friend of my wife came for a visit.She had on a very alluring perfume. Well, little buster took one whiff of that perfume and fell in love with her leg, REALLLY bad.The poor women could not keep him off her. I think he humped every inch of both legs before she finally decided to leave while she could.I was laffing so hard i almost soiled myself.He never did it to anyone before or after this one woman.I asked what perfume it was, but her friend just gave me a drop dead look, as she left the house.dunno.gif

Edited by mercman

had a male Pom a few years ago.I couldnt bring myself to get him...ah..fixed.We never had a problem with him. always friendly with visitors. One day a female friend of my wife came for a visit.She had on a very alluring perfume. Well, little buster took one whiff of that perfume and fell in love with her leg, REALLLY bad.The poor women could not keep him off her. I think he humped every inch of both legs before she finally decided to leave while she could.I was laffing so hard i almost soiled myself.He never did it to anyone before or after this one woman.I asked what perfume it was, but her friend just gave me a drop dead look, as she left the house.dunno.gif

Find out what brand it is and re-market it to dog breeders. $$$$$$

Back in the late 60s we had a golden retriever that loved to ride in the car and chase birds.I was in the back seat with the window open in the car doing 60 when she saw a bird and went out the window after it.To this day I still say all my shoulder problems are due to the fact I caught her in mid air just before she hit the pavement.

vance

My blood hound Has eaten 1 hole carrot cake, Double batch brownies.24 chocolate cookies and a chunk of hash the size of a toonie and 1/4" thick. ;) ;) over the 2 years I have had her.

My buddys Pitbull took a 12" polish perch of the table one time.What a mess $500 at the vet to get hooks out of the dog and 27 stitches for him. We tryed to cut them cutters I have for musky hooks. :canadian: He stood over her I tryed to cut the hooks. The dog a chunk out of my finger and pulled back pulling the hooks through Erics legs needing 27 stitches to close him back up. :stretcher:

Edited by Jeff Wiles

My blood hound Has eaten 1 hole carrot cake, Double batch brownies.24 chocolate cookies and a chunk of hash the size of a toonie and 1/4" thick. wink.gifwink.gif over the 2 years I have had her.

if he ate the hash first i could understand all the rest.whistling.gif