What is the Cheapest Place to buy a Lund

rdambros

I am interested in buying a 17 foot or 18 foot Lund, Explorer Sport or similar. I live in Toronto, Ontario and all my buddies are telling me to go to the US to buy a used boat, as the prices are cheaper. So, I have been looking at boats in the US and have the following question. What State/City is the cheapest place to buy a boat.

I have notice that Florida is a cheap state to buy a boat, but I can't drive all the way to Florida.

If anyone knows any web site (other than craigslist) I would appreciate hearing about that as well.

Thanks.

We bought ours in Michigan after ALOT of searching and investigating. We got ours from Maple Bay Marine. Not sure what they have in stock right now, but I'll see if I can find their website and post the link here. They were great and brought the boat to us on the Canadian side of the border, even got us a temp licence to drive home with.

Joey

We bought ours in Michigan after ALOT of searching and investigating. We got ours from Maple Bay Marine. Not sure what they have in stock right now, but I'll see if I can find their website and post the link here. They were great and brought the boat to us on the Canadian side of the border, even got us a temp licence to drive home with.

Joey

Now THAT is good service!!!

You just missed the best deal I'd seen in a long time.. right here on OFC!! Next up I'd be on Teamemptypockets 2004 that's in the classifieds.

Yeah, I was emailing Jeff, but he sold his boat before I could get out to Courtice. What is the "best deal I'd seen", that you mentioned?

I keep on looking, but would like members comments on the best US State to buy a boat.

I thought Minnesota would produce good results, seeing as Lund is based there, but not the case!!!! Where have members bought there boat, when they brought them up from the US?

Thanks.

I found my Lund in Craigslist. The guy was in Wisconsin but drove the boat to the other side of Chicago for me to meet him. It took me 2 years of searching before I found what I wanted, but I wasn't in a rush.

This site searches all of Craigslist Ebay and Kijiji, but old adds are not updated so only look at the latest ones.

http://boat.jaxed.co...ye=&submit=+GO+

This site can search every Craigslist area at once.

http://www.crazedlist.org/

Why not buy it in Canada.

I would think that with that other thread about how nobody minds paying for an outdoors card and the taxes that go with it that they also wouldn't mind supporting the Canadian economy and buying a boat here as well

do a google search using "sitemash" and "lund" - this will take u to jaxed.com where u can search for the specific model u r looking for everywhere in U.S. on Kijiji and Craigslist - check daily as the new ones are added to the top and good deals go quickly. Bought my last 2 boats this way and they were a steal! The farther away from the border - the better the deal generally (but not always).

Thanks.

I would buy in Canada, but the vendors are asking too much money. Don't worry about supporting the Canadian economy, I will still have to pay the HST and customs when I bring it over the border.

Remember, I am looking for a used boat, not a new one.

Once again, thanks everyone for the replies. The universal search engines will make life easier.

Why not buy it in Canada.

I would think that with that other thread about how nobody minds paying for an outdoors card and the taxes that go with it that they also wouldn't mind supporting the Canadian economy and buying a boat here as well

Dara, we wanted to buy in Canada, but the dealers were all afraid to have any on hand in case they did not sell. We looked high and low for one. Our options were to buy US or wait 12 weeks. Sorry, can't not fish for 12 weeks, would go through withdrawal :D