GOT OUT TODAY

DMASSE

So My buddy Chris and I decide to head out early in the AM for some glowstick (night time) steelhead fishing and the fishing was good. We had the whole stream to ourself, about 4am-9:30am when we decided to leave. out of roe and tired.. Chris caught 7 steelhead and 2 browns and I got a few more than him with 1 almost exact size brown. Unfortunalety Chris left his DSLR in the car. But we decided to fish a nice spot closer to the car and we both caught a brown and chris another steelhead.

Here are some of the end of morning fish

IMG_4803.jpg

IMG_4796.jpg

IMG_4810.jpg

Thanks for reading

Dave

'Twas the morning of Wednesday

When all through the town,

Not a creature was stirring,

Except for some browns!

Like Jedi vs. Sith, good and bad faced off on the bank in an epic battle for supremacy. Armed with night sticks for floats, freshly tied roe, and an eager sense of immediacy, we set off to determine who was the master of the night. As green neon clashed with glowing red, the fate of the entire tributary was hanging in the balance of fates. Cast after cast, we matched each other's Chrome. Dave (DMASSE) lands a 6 lb... I land a 7. I land steele with spawning colours, Dave pulls out pure crimson. It seemed like this one was going to OT.

For hours we fished in perfect dark. Coyotes howled, owl's hooted, yet we motored on with hopes of finally catching a glimpse of the elusive brown trout. The sun started peaking over the horizon. Finally, natural light took over. I readjusted my float, let some line out, and cast towards some cozy looking tree roots on the far side of the bank. The float crept through the pool like a soldier beyond enemy lines. Suddenly, a pause. I wait, watch, and snap the rod back, driving the hook into the fish and the fight was on.

It immediately jacks back into its safe house. Shaking its head and curling head to tail, I held on to it with all might. Something felt unusual about this one -- no jumps, no runs, just unmitigated strength. The fish lets up and I pull it to the bank. To my surprise... a brown! FINALLY

firstbrown2.jpg

With that huge load off of my back, I feeling pretty confident in sealing the victory over my fish-mentor. That is until he lands a bigger brown!!!!

davebrown2.jpg

All in all a fantastic day. Dave was in the double digits, I went 8 for 10, but best of all, no pitch black retying with nothing but a flashlight!. Balance was restored to the force as master defeated protegee, Dave took top prizes for size and numbers. These are my two for the smoker:

brownsteele2.jpg

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. It's DAMN cold out there.

img4824z.jpg

Enjoy!

Thats so funny !! I look at the 1st fish's expression "Oh it's SO COLD OUT HERE OUT OF the water !!"

Second fish looks like its "Sleeping.'" You can see it in its eyes and the two circles above its eyes saying its sound asleep. sleeping_02.gif

The third fish well looks like it came out of the freezer !! LoL looks like its already dead no life in it. Its eyes look cloudy.w00t.gif It must have been freezing out there like the first fish said.whistling.gif

I don't know but that's the first thing I noticed." Fish Talking".laugh.gif May coz I'm a Pisces.

dsn

Thats so funny !! I look at the 1st fish's expression "Oh it's SO COLD OUT HERE OUT OF the water !!"

Second fish looks like its "Sleeping.'" You can see it in its eyes and the two circles above its eyes saying its sound asleep. sleeping_02.gif

The third fish well looks like it came out of the freezer !! LoL looks like its already dead no life in it. Its eyes look cloudy.w00t.gif It must have been freezing out there like the first fish said.whistling.gif

I don't know but that's the first thing I noticed." Fish Talking".laugh.gif May coz I'm a Pisces.

dsn

actually they all look asleep. permanently :rofl2:

actually they all look asleep. permanently :rofl2:

I kept a brown and a bow. Dave's brown swam away to unload her fat stomach of eggs. I caught the bow while it was dark and we forgot the camera so we snapped a quick shot after moving back upstream.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! After the jungle that is the weekend clears up I'm hoping to get out again