Sky rockets in flight,afternoon delight !!

ChrisK

Got to the river this weekend and found it low and clear. Ive seen it like this before and had great success in the past. Trick is to find the pattern that gets there attention and running light tippets and small floats with little to no weight on your rig. Most of the guys that came and went in the morning were using eggs and pink worms with marginal success but I'm into tossing flies so the pattern of fly and how big was crucial. What also was a big factor this weekend was water temps. Once fly pattern was established and the sun came out the bite was on.

I first started tossing out smaller size patterns which included buggers and prince nymphs and a assortment of other types of attractors with no luck until a gentleman I met last week came to the rivers edge and started fly fishing with an unusual large size fly. Almost immediately he hooked up with a fish and it jumped cartwheeling into the air and spitting the fly back at him. Ok,so they want big eh ?? I tied on a #10 sized black bead head woolley bugger and ran the float through the pool. Float went down and my first fish of the day was firmly hooked and kicking up a fuss...The rest was history...Great weekend with 6 fish landed. Not bad for low clear water I'd say...

DSC03104.jpg

That's great Chris, way to go :thumbsup_anim:

Hey, I recognize that second pic :D

Joey

You should, you took it Joey !!

That was a great day we had on Nippissing. Matter of fact I don't think we ever had a anything but great days partner. Looking forward to doing it all again this coming June :D

You should, you took it Joey !!

That was a great day we had on Nippissing. Matter of fact I don't think we ever had a anything but great days partner. Looking forward to doing it all again this coming June :D

Me too Chris :thumbsup_anim:

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

excellent. i didn't get out this weekend unfortunately. i took posession of a home on nov 1st and have been remodelling since. let's hope i'll see the sunshine soon!

ahh the starland Vocal Band their 15 minutes of fame..... It's a shame that is all the words most people know of the song. However most people can hum the lyrics pretty well go figure.

Art

Thats all I can think of when the steel goes to the air and its the afternoon bite. :lol: