Black Mountain Socks. Anyone ever tried?

hunterjoe84

I was just wondering if anyone has tried these socks? http://www.gean-edwards.com/socks/black_mountain.html I have tried many things and nothing seems to work for me. I have baffins rated to -100 and my feet still get cold. I always carry extra socks and use a polyethylene liner socks and they still get cold. Anyone have any suggestions?

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

last year TJ posted the bass pro lifetime guarantee sock. it's become my go-to socks for inside my waders and my winter boots for snowmobiling/ice fishing.

Ditto on the Bass Pro Lifetime socks! I originally purchased 3 pairs and now have 7 pairs. I've replaced 3 pairs in 4 years. I not only wear them ice fishing, but, I wear them pretty well all year long. By far the most comfortable socks I've ever had. I used to wear poly liners and socks when ice fishing, but, now I usually just wear the Bass Pro socks by themselves. Once you start wearing them you will find it very difficult to wear any other sock.

last year TJ posted the bass pro lifetime guarantee sock. it's become my go-to socks for inside my waders and my winter boots for snowmobiling/ice fishing.

Ditto on the Bass Pro lifetime guarentee socks. Any cold weather and these socks go on.

Have a few pairs for a few years and they are like new still. :canadian:

Find yourself some old school thick wool socks.

"Wigwam - The Ice Sock" will kick the Bass Pro Lifetime Guarantee sock's A$$ lol....

http://www.wigwam.com/Products/The-Ice-Sock_ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=d21d74de-fa96-dd11-9fb3-001d091bb843

Burt :)

Edited by Burtess

If your moving about,theres no soak that beats another.If your sitting in a stand for hours,I dont care if it,s a power sock from hell.Your feet get cold.I sat for 7 hours each day this week.The first 3 are ok,but after that,well it,s time to do the two step in the boots.

I was just wondering if anyone has tried these socks? http://www.gean-edwards.com/socks/black_mountain.html I have tried many things and nothing seems to work for me. I have baffins rated to -100 and my feet still get cold. I always carry extra socks and use a polyethylene liner socks and they still get cold. Anyone have any suggestions?

In addition to what Brian said, and, maybe it's time to go see the Doc and find out if you have poor circulation, possible sign of diabetes and maybe some other ailments.

In addition to what Brian said, and, maybe it's time to go see the Doc and find out if you have poor circulation, possible sign of diabetes and maybe some other ailments.

For as long as I have iced fish and hunted,my feet always got cold. I have been checked over many times for diabetes as it does run in the family. Fit as a fiddle. :dunno:

I was tested for that and full bloodwork 6 months ago because I thought the same but no. Very healthy.

buy your boots a few sizes bigger so you can wiggle your toes...

wiggling them will circulate the blood in them and help keep them warm...

when ice fishing get a 2" thick piece of styrafoam and put your feet on it... that'll also help...

i use the bass pro lifetime socks and never had any issues...

also have boots similar to this one and love them... the insulation is only in the bottom part of the boot, (remainder is under float suit)

plus it's rubber/waterproof all the way up... mine are only 1200g of thinsulate... mine have a better tread, but these ones have more

insulation

http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-16-2000-Gram-Insulated-Waterproof-Rubber-Boots-for-Men/product/10202000/-1606230