If U see this BUG

Bondar

I found this article on a fishing web site smile.gif ........and it was mentioned the word should be spread about these colourful critters . They release a cyanide gas when annoyed or handled which could cause serious risks for humans . They may be found in our own wooded areas like Rockway , St.Johns pond ,the Niagara gorge, etc etc . They are a millipede with very bright colours and a hard exterior shell . I wouldn't pick one those things up anyway , but curious kids might ! They look more like a centipede to me (100 legs)

a friend took the time to post this on another site so i copied it to here

http://bugguide.net/node/view/8260

Heres the one we saw last week that my buddy took a pic of Good thing we didnt touch it as we had no idea what it was

niagarariver047.jpg

Wow...and in south Niagara this year they have found a Black Widow and a Brown Recluse spider. Gonna have to carry raid with me now :)

Widow spiders occur in Ontario as far north as Georgian Bay, but for the most part they aren't marked the same as the one everybody thinks about. Do a Google image search for "Latrodectus variolus" for pictures, they differ from the better known L. mactans. As far as I know varioulus is just as venomous as mactans.

It's a millipede. Contrary to popular belief, the # of legs doesn't tell you what it is. Centipedes have loooong legs that trail behind their body and are very fast. Millipedes have short legs and are slow. If you get a really close look: Millipedes have 2 pairs of legs/body segment: centipedes only one.

As someone who will go way out of my way TO NEVER TOUCH any bug , this warning is unnessary , I HATE BUGS , . But for people with children and those out there that find bugs interesting (Im sure theres help for this) great heads up , so many plants and bugs that can hurt you if your not aware .