Propane prices could go through the roof

Handlebarz

I think most here know that the Libs are not worth the time to type on the key board but I know I dont want to pay$30 or more to have a tank filled and how about the people who heat there house?

Don't move to Ft. Smith NWT then. It was $30 to fill a 20# tank when I lived there in 2006. :w00t:

It's about $15 here in Yellowknife and it costs me about $2700-$3000 a year to heat my place with propane.

Why does it cost 25K to ensure Propane is stored and dispensed correctly? That's my issue. I have no problem with improvements but why does it always come with a ridiculous price tag. Don't like living near a propane station...move. You can't protect everyone from everything. It's a gas and it's dangerous. Improve the handling and be done with it. We over complicate everything.

Why does it cost 25K to ensure Propane is stored and dispensed correctly?

It doesn't....thats the "hidden agenda"

A quick little cash grab to help pad the provincial Budget before election time, but conveneintly labled as a safety concern.

Exactly the same as the Liberal "Eco tax",

A quick cash grab, but conveneintly labeld as an Enviromental concern....

Both are simple Ploys to grab cash and apply it to the MASSIVE debt they are going to have to make public when election time comes around.

Its damage contol plain and simple....

I say blame the Toronto Urbanites... for if it was not them.. McGuilty would not be in power...

We witnessed something very powerful in the Toronto Municipal election... The suburbs have had enough of lunatic Left wing policy and chose a right wing candidate instead, He is a common person.. Like you and I... Makes mistakes owns up to them and moves on.. unlike the liberal candidate in his 3000.00 custom tailored suit and wide assortment of pink ties.

that said.. the people have the power to change things.. Just as Toronto did.. and my home city of Hamilton.

I think, a conservative approach is needed in issues like this IMHO... save cash rather then Spend spend spend for every lobby group / tom, dick and harry out there... then tax the snot out of us when you realize the numbers do not work, with Bull fees and green this and that crap.

Hate him or Love him... Harris did what needed to be done for this province.. He made alot of hard choices... to bad the unions saw Lucifer.

think about this when the provincial elections come up... and cast you're vote to affect change.

G.

Hate him or Love him... Harris did what needed to be done for this province.. He made alot of hard choices... to bad the unions saw Lucifer.

think about this when the provincial elections come up... and cast you're vote to affect change.

G.

Halle...friggen...lujah :clapping:

Not to mention a Balanced budget :thumbsup_anim:

Can you guys fill up at a local Indian Reservation where there are no restrictions on propane......we can for $8 per 20lbs which is less then HALF off the Res...

And I agree......VOTE out the LEFT LIBERALS, they are tearing your country apart.......we will be kicking the :asshat: out of them come Tuesday......Obama and his gang of thief's are running SCARED and should be... B)

Can you guys fill up at a local Indian Reservation where there are no restrictions on propane......we can for $8 per 20lbs which is less then HALF off the Res...

And I agree......VOTE out the LEFT LIBERALS, they are tearing your country apart.......we will be kicking the :asshat: out of them come Tuesday......Obama and his gang of thief's are running SCARED and should be... B)

Sorry the federal government is Conservative now,we are talking about the provincial government but I'll agree it's time to get the Liberals out of the Province.

I have already wrote to my MPP a few weeks ago. I finally got a response from her office acknowledging my letter, but still have not seen the promised response from Sylvia Jones herself.

This is a TSSA (Technical Standards and Safety Authority) issue. They are hard up for funds and looking to make money to sustain themselves. These are the folks that took over from the old MCCR (Ministry of Commercial and Consumer Relations). Lets face it, TSSA is in public doo doo for letting the Sunrise incident happen in Toronto. If they had been inspecting sites like this and doing their duty, it should not have happened. They were transferring propane in an illegal manner, had been sited for it in the past, but allowed to continue. At least this is how I heard it happened.

They are using this as a stepping stone to save face with the public and also garner some much needed funding from those $25,000 numbers quoted. The services of a qualified engineer are required. Problem is, there are not many engineers knowledgeable in this area of service. Once written, the plan has to be passed by the local fire department. Most rural fire departments are volunteer based and do not have the expertise in this area either.

expediary

The time frame and cost to the local distributor is what will push this over the top for most of them. It is absolutely ridiculous to punish the little guys and public for something that has nothing to do with them. People that camp and travel from other Provinces and States will boycott Ontario over this. Once again, the little folks pay the price!

I had to load up my utility trailer with the 100# cylinder at our RV trailer and haul it into town for a fill. I'm sure I already got gouged for it this year!

Next year, I will expect that dealer will have shut down. There is a Sparlings plant that should survive in Brechin, but they are only open Mon. to Friday. Does not help me much on the week-ends when I can get there.

We used to get delivery right to our trailer every second week-end, but even that has ceased already. Royal pain in the you know what!!!!

I'm sure our MPP's can apply some pressure if they so choose to get this thing rescinded or turned around. Thing is, they would have to act in a more expedited manner than they are responding to my letter!! I don't get very political very often, but I do have to see both Sylvia Jones (Provincial) and David Tillson (Federal) at our local home and garden shows twice a year. Now I'll have something to "discuss" with them! Could be we have a couple of "pantloads" here...oh and BTW, both are PC, not Liberal!

Edited by Rattletrap2

In the USA there is a bill to ban lead for use of fishing and hunting, at the same time demand for lead has skyrocked due to increased batteries for electric cars, windmills and solar power, guess who lobbied for this bill!

Perhaps we are seeing the same thing with propane and the propane exchange program business', what business do you think this new bill would benefit most?

The problem I have with it is that the mom and pop shops that have been filling BBQ tanks for years will be out of business like Bass Haven here in Mitchell's bay they just took there tank out and from what Dennis said on his site they had been filling tanks for 40 years with no problems. I agree with the big supply stations needing to be away from residential areas but I would not be afraid to have a BBQ tank filling station next door to me.

I have an opininion on buying anything on the indian reservations in my area.Just suffice it to say that they pay no taxes, contribute very little to the coffres of the Canadian Gov.,When i spend my money there, none of it goes back to help pay for all the Gov funded projects that make my life easier.NOT SAYING that the Gov is by any means worthy of distributing my taxes, just dont want to contribute to the problem.And don't forget, this is ONLY MY OPINION and i dont ask anyone else to support it.Gonefishing.gif

I have an opininion on buying anything on the indian reservations in my area.Just suffice it to say that they pay no taxes, contribute very little to the coffres of the Canadian Gov.,When i spend my money there, none of it goes back to help pay for all the Gov funded projects that make my life easier.NOT SAYING that the Gov is by any means worthy of distributing my taxes, just dont want to contribute to the problem.And don't forget, this is ONLY MY OPINION and i dont ask anyone else to support it.Gonefishing.gif

EXACTLY.......the more the governments get ($$$$$) the more they WASTE......I go out of my way not to pay taxes, either by buying on the Res or using the internet catalogs for merchandise.

EXACTLY.......the more the governments get ($$$$$) the more they WASTE......I go out of my way not to pay taxes, either by buying on the Res or using the internet catalogs for merchandise.

Internet catalogues are great.Even though YOU aren't paying tax, the seller IS.Plus if he is a shrewd bussiness man, he has hidden an amount in the price representing the tax you would have paid on the sale amount(this assuming that the seller does not live on a reservation somewhere)He knows that your not paying tax, but he is.

Now lets caculate quickly.Lets say you buy for 100 per month on the Res.depending on what your buying, lets say 10Percent should got to taxes, to make it easy to caculate.So your looking at $1320 dollars that would have gone to taxes,per year, just on your own purchases.I figure that there is probably a million people at least who do the same thing.So now your looking at $1,320,000.00 per year of taxes that was robbed from me and all the other canadians who pay thier taxes even though they dont like it.This is a vastly underestimated calculation.The real figures are much much higher.PLUS, and this is the MAIN point here.What you SAVED last year, is recuperated in the next budget because the government has to increase taxes to make up for the cheaters out there who DONT LIKE to pay them.

Interesting, don,t you thinkdunno.gif Wheter its you, or me, the Gov always gets its taxes,so why not share the load and hope the next Gov will be better than this one.

BTW i know your american,so just substitute american for canadian in this post.wink.gif

Edited by mercman

Sorry, As I said the more the government gets the more the government waste...study YEARS ago that the federal government spent $1.31 for every dollar collected in taxes.....I'm doing you a favor... :whistling:

Also the seller here does NOT pay the tax on internet sales.....I would ONLY if the seller has some presents in NYS, if not NO TAXES for either of us on the sale.....SWEET ! ! !

Happy Shopping,

Bob

Sorry, As I said the more the government gets the more the government waste...study YEARS ago that the federal government spent $1.31 for every dollar collected in taxes.....I'm doing you a favor... whistling.gif

Also the seller here does NOT pay the tax on internet sales.....I would ONLY if the seller has some presents in NYS, if not NO TAXES for either of us on the sale.....SWEET ! ! !

Happy Shopping,

Bob

Seller paid taxes when he either manufactured the product or purchased it for resale.Thats where His part of the taxes are.He paid the tax, so he sure as heck ain't gonna lose that money.He will either deduct it from what he owes the tax man or hide it in the price No ifs ands or butts.If he is legit, he pays tax. no way around it.The Gov gets thier cut from him, but not from the purchaser.At least not directly,they collect your part from him.Unless he is native american, then no one profits but the native american.And if he charges tax to you,which he probably does somewhere, he keeps that too.

Seller paid taxes when he either manufactured the product or purchased it for resale.Thats where His part of the taxes are.He paid the tax, so he sure as heck ain't gonna lose that money.He will either deduct it from what he owes the tax man or hide it in the price No ifs ands or butts.If he is legit, he pays tax. no way around it.The Gov gets thier cut from him, but not from the purchaser.At least not directly,they collect your part from him.Unless he is native american, then no one profits but the native american.And if he charges tax to you,which he probably does somewhere, he keeps that too.

If you are referring to sales taxes, the retailer generally wouldn't have to pay tax on goods purchased for resale. Depending on the tax juristiction they either wouldn't pay tax on the goods to begin with (Ontario PST for example); or in some cases they would pay the tax up front but deduct it from future tax payments (GST and HST for example). In either case the retailer would have effectively not paid tax on the goods that he ships to you.

A mail order retailler may not be responsible for collecting sales taxes on goods that he ships to you. If you ordered from a retailer in your state/provice you would most likely have to pay the local taxes. If you ordered from outside your state/province they may not be required to charge you the taxes. So yes, it is possible to make a legit mail order purchase without paying taxes.

p.s. you may have slipped a decimal place on your previous post. I don't see how 10% of $100/month = $1,320/per year.

If you are referring to sales taxes, the retailer generally wouldn't have to pay tax on goods purchased for resale. Depending on the tax juristiction they either wouldn't pay tax on the goods to begin with (Ontario PST for example); or in some cases they would pay the tax up front but deduct it from future tax payments (GST and HST for example). In either case the retailer would have effectively not paid tax on the goods that he ships to you.

A mail order retailler may not be responsible for collecting sales taxes on goods that he ships to you. If you ordered from a retailer in your state/provice you would most likely have to pay the local taxes. If you ordered from outside your state/province they may not be required to charge you the taxes. So yes, it is possible to make a legit mail order purchase without paying taxes.

p.s. you may have slipped a decimal place on your previous post. I don't see how 10% of $100/month = $1,320/per year.

THANK YOU....... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

THANK YOU....... clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

I tried really hard, but here is what i was eluding to the other day.

http://webidiotz.com/_blog/Blog/post/PST_GST_What_do_you_need_to_know!/

'Note that if you, the vendor, do not charge and collect RST, the responsibility falls onto the purchaser:

“If taxable goods and services are purchased for own use from an out-of-province vendor or supplier who does not charge and collect RST, the purchaser is required to report and pay the applicable RST on the total fair value”

Don't get me wrong here, i had suspected, but wasn't sure about this myself.So, you SHOULD be paying your local sales tax on anything purchased, no mater where it comes from. Whether you want to be part of the problem or part of the solution, is your bussiness.

And thats just my opinion of course.