Quinte Walleye with TonyB & Bunk

Aaron Shirley

Guest Johnny Bass

Man! What I wouldn't do to catch a big sheephead like that! Too bad you didn't film that sheephead battle! You must of thought you had the mother of all pickerel on!!!LOL Still, one for the record books! Umm I think your fishfinder is broken. There are all kinds of scratches on the screen. :whistling:

The fight went...

Aaron takes a port side rod which goes screaming.... the fish ends up back at 660 last we know of it before Tony takes another rod that fires starboard. I'm eating some delish Fondue and passing gas, but am forced to clear three lines.

Tony lands his sheepie...

Autumn10-033-1.jpg

... then we clear the last line, enjoy some more delish Fondue and a Black Forest cake from Timmies, and pop the boat in neutral to wait for ole Aaron to quit showboating.

Aaron's fish is staying down but finally it surfaces like a whale, spits out a 36-inch muskie and is in the net.

The rest becomes his official (between us all and those who matter) Ontario record.

The End.

Autumn10-034b-1.jpg

Autumn10-034d-1.jpg

Autumn10-034a-1.jpg

Ahhhhhh it was a blast sharing the boat with these two yahoos. Great BOQ weekend, the way they should always happen. Thanks again doods, was a fun time full of fish.

Thanks for putting up the pics and write-up Aaron and Bunk, also thanks for all the comments guys.

It was a great time and I can't add much more than what has already been said, good fishing, good laughs and great company. The Bay never seems to dissapoint and this year was no exception as we seemed to be able to figure them out a bit more each day after our slower start on Thursday, and by Saturday we for sure had them dialed in and the winds were co-operative.

LincolnG, you're correct that is in fact a Cisco aka Lake Herring. It struck a Mooselook wobbler on a 5-colour leadcore setup...of all things! hehe That particular setup accounted for 4 different species of fish for us, Walleye, Drum, White Bass and the Cisco. :) The colour of the spoon is called Candy Apple Green...but I affectionately renamed it 'the green monster' :)

Tight lines,

Tony

Thanks dude - MONSTER Perch btw - noice!

Interesting how the spoon pulled such a mixed bag. You think that running snap wts instead of leadcore would rock that presentation as well?

I don't see why it wouldn't. However, I don't run snap weights at all for trolling, I probably should pick up a set to see how they fish alongside leadcore or copper in certain scenarios. It could mean the difference between catching a few or a dozen dunno.gif

That being said, Leadcore does add a certain property to the presentation of lures, especially spoons, with the minor rise and fall undulations through the water column.

I have tried the dive bomb diving weights but it's just another component to remove from the line, as snap-weights are, when brining a fish in. Since I use in-line planer boards exclusively on my boat, that is already one thing to remove from the line, and the dive bomb or snap weight would be a second thing to handle. We all know what can happen when there are split second pauses in a battle with a fish, so trying to minimize that is key to getting more fish in the boat Gonefishing.gif

Oh and thanks for the comment on the Perch, that was from Lake Simcoe last fall, my best day Perch fishing ever (and it was captured on film for Aaron's show last season!). The day before that, I had my best day Steelheading ever (a fish every few drifts day!)...a fishy weekend that won't be soon forgotten thumbsup_anim.gif

• 2 weeks later...