Personal Best Smallie & Bag-O-'Eyes

Muskieman

Yesterday was the "Walleye Closer" on Nipissing and it's triburaries

AJF and I went out for one last kick at the can..

Fishing was kind of slow and the winds were fast... we caught 12+ Walleye and managed to keep 6...

Livewell Shot:

winter2010037.jpg

AverageJoeFishing with the 6 'Eyes...shortly before falling from the bow of the boat onto the concrete launch :stretcher: . Y'a know when Lucy takes the football away from Charlie Brown just before he kicks it? And the sound that Charlie makes when he hits the grass?

Well that's what AJF sounded like ....don't worry guys, AJF will be fine , he drinks a lot of milk.

winter2010039.jpg

And now for my PERSONAL BEST " SMALLEST " Smallie :clapping:

not long after this shot I broke my all-time favorite Walleye rod

a 20yr old Cabelas SST96 6" one piece ...

winter2010036.jpg

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

Good shootin'! OK, now we need to know how AJF fell off the bow...you didn't give it throttle while he was at the bow didja? Also, your best walleye rod...exactly how did it break? :) Expiring minds need to know.

Nice livewell full there! Good job.. That sucks bout the rod. I broke my one piece when I was closing up this year..Sat the trooling motor on top of my pole in the back of the truck and didnt notice...Damn near cried..Glad to hear AJF is ok..Dont need to beat up the new members round here..lol

Good shootin'! OK, now we need to know how AJF fell off the bow...you didn't give it throttle while he was at the bow didja? Also, your best walleye rod...exactly how did it break? :) Expiring minds need to know.

AJF took a dive while stepping from the tailgate of his truck to the bow of his boat, missed his step twirled in the air :ninja: and hit the deck and then the launch. And the rest is OFC history.

Eh! AverageJoeFishing Are you OK this morning? ;)

winter2010.jpg

As for the rod break..I was snagged ...I pulled a little to hard and snapped my brittle buddy...at the 3rd guide. :wallbash:

I'll get a glass case made up so I can hang her on the wall with the rest of my "Man Cave" stuff. I'll try to find an identical replacement..Which I doubt I will be able to. I'n the meantime it's back to my trusty 6'6" M/L 25 year old Lightnin'.I have a few new rods that I can use , but they're not the same.

New rods just aren't the same as the 'Ol Faithfuls...

Any suggestions for a 6' Medium/Fast very light one piece ?

Randy

:canadian:

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

Guest Johnny Bass

Sounds like a great closer. What did that monster smallie hit? A 10 inch believer? :whistling: I'm always suprised at the size of fish that hit musky lures.

For pickerel I like Fenwick rods.

Edited by Johnny Bass

HAHA that's what I thought my slip and fall was gonna get posted haha my knee hurts like crazy today... I'm limping lol I'll be fine , nothing a good day of fishing won't cure Gonefishing.gifthumbsup_anim.gif and randy you should call IGFA and see if that bass would break the current 8lbs line class record it was huge it didn't even fit in the net sarcasm.gif haha

P.S. Don't fall out of the boat when the boat and trailer is on concrete lol Glad I drink lots of milk so I didn't break any bones! haha