Roy Halladay

jedimaster

I didn't open this because I thought I knew what it was about, and I was behind "live" tv.

He is one of the best pitchers ever. I went to one of his games last year in August because I thought it might be the last time he was going to pitch for the jays. In 40-50 years I can say I saw him live, and so did my son.

Oh ya... he also out hit the reds.

Edited by kickingfrog

Vince Carter, Chris Bosh, Mats Sundin, you could learn a think from Roy. Not only is he the best pitcher in baseball, but he also has so much class as an athlete. He didn't puss out of playing in Toronto like the previously mentioned athletes have, and left the franchise fairly, hence why many baseball fans in southern ontario still pull for Roy now that he has moved on.

I'm a BoSox fan but Halladay is still one of my favourite ball players, and probably athletes.

He's pure class (the full page ad in the paper, and his willingness to tough it out with the jays were incredible), he has the quiet intensity, and he's amazing. He deserves all the best and I'll be pulling for the Phils to win it all - they have a great chance.

No way Brandon Phillips could have been awarded a hit as the last hitter. He was clearly running in fair territory the whole way, including the last 45' when he should have been between the foul line and the 3 foot line. He changed the catcher's throw.

Well, actually it very well could have been ruled a infield hit if the catcher didn't make the throw as the rule states. If no throw was attempted then no foul by the runner and then it's a hit. That's why it's important for the catch to make an attempt throwing to first base. THEN the umpire has to make the correct call and that doesn't happen 100% of the time.

Bob

The guy has the drive to win. Lots of guys have talent, but few can take it to the next level when it matters. Roy is of these elite few and joins the likes of MJ, kobe, clemens, not vince carter, etc. The man is a machine and any team should be scared as hell to face him any day, especially in the post season.