Hamilton Fishing

tknohpy

Guest LivingLegend

Good choice Dave yet not that close to Hamilton, I know there are some nice trials back in the bay there but not to sure about fishing around there. Give us a report if you have any luck.good.gif

November to May... You're probably looking at ice fishing down at Pier 4 or in that area. I usually put away the gear over that time, but maybe ice fishing won't be that bad....whistling.gif Never tried it, but buddies are bugging me to try it with them. I think I remember seeing folks at the dam in Caledonia during that stretch, but others can probably tell you for sure. Welcome to the Hammer!

on the mountain off Mohawk near Ancaster

Welcome to the hammer, neighbour!

Like others have said,theres tons of places to hit!Within a 1/2 hrs drive!

FYI theres a little restaurant at mohawk and magnolia(at the plaza) that recently opened up,I here their fish and chips are really good!Yet to try it myself!whistling.gif

Heres a little teaser for ya,thats if your into ice fishing!

im in the hamilton area as well. day trips are usually to lake erie, but ive done all the local conservations and such. check the GRCA website and the niagara region site for locations. i dont have much faith in the conservation areas - just my experience. lots of sunfish thru the ice. i fish the harbour and burlington bay a few times just to get out. maitland and nanticoke are pretty close. welcome to the hammer.

Grateful Fisher, clearly we have something in common .... gotta luv the wall of sound!

Anyways, lots of advice for ice fishing. Give me a PM on QF.net.

I fish open water all fall, winter, and spring long....not interesting in fishing on the ice.

Lots of good open water fishing around here in the winter....but ya gotta bundle up!