Humber River Vs Attila

toca

Just like Attila the Hun, a total Barbarian. Glad you sent those links to the MNR. They should really put up that sign back up saying no fishing within 50 feet of the dam, with big flashing lights

Signs are still up as far as I know.. And the posted distance from any man made structure is 30m if I remember correctly.

Wouldn't make much difference posting a sanctuary warning if the law isn't enforced though.. However, I've heard through the vine that police officers are now responding to calls from people..

Personally I'd just walk up to this dip stick and snip his line with my teeth, them I'd point to the sign and urge him to "bring it".

No wonder I couldnt find any salmon saturday night at the humber.

I rebuilt my reel because it seized up after two years of river fishing and dropping it in the water.

was itching to test it out to see how well it works.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

the mnr will be interested in that. just don't go posting on the posters account or else the vid will end up getting taken down before the mnr can respond to the tip.

i guess this could be seen as trolling, but at the same time, i'm glad to know the mnr will be contacted potentially because of it.

Not quite sure I understand this "trolling"

Just thought that someone would post a video on youtube doing something like this.

To make it clear:

From Wiikipedia

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2] In addition to the offending poster, the noun troll can also refer to the provocative message itself, as in "that was an excellent troll you posted". While the term troll and its associated action trolling are primarily associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels highly subjective, with trolling being used to describe intentionally provocative actions outside of an online context. For example, recent media accounts have used the term troll to describe "a person who defaces internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[3][4]

I am assuming yours was a legitamate question, if not....Fish ON!

Just An Update.

A Couple Of Days Ago Someone Told Me 30 People Got Charge Fishing In The Damn And Nine Cars Been Taken Away By CO's

Too bad you weren't there to take some pic's and see it all for yourself.

Cars were confiscated by the MNR? I'm all for punishing these loogans but are you sure the MNR took their cars? That seems ridiculous to me.

Conservation Officers – Conservation Officers enforce fisheries regulations in the Province of Ontario. They have powers of inspection, arrest, search and seizure under the various statutes they enforce, including the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act and the Fisheries Act. When carrying out their duties, Conservation Officers may do the following:

• Stop and inspect a vehicle, boat or aircraft

• Ask questions relevant to the inspection

• Inspect buildings or other places

• Require assistance to complete inspections

• Enter onto private property to perform their duties

• Search with a warrant

• Search without a warrant in circumstances requiring immediate action

• Seize items related to an offence

• Arrest anyone the Conservation Officer believes has committed, is committing, or is about to commit an offence.

they drove there to commit the offence so the MNR can take what they want. What if the MNR had been watching lest say 5 of these people every day do the same thing over and over. It's up to the MNR as to how much and or what they want to take. If they had seen the guy in the video fight the fish (that was snagged) for 9+ min. and then drag it up from where he finally 'landed it' and then put it back in the water dead, take it all away...

Just to be clear, I hope this punk gets hit with every law possible. His arrogance, in posting the videos with such cockiness, is insulting. I always thought "Seize items related to an offence" meant seizing the rod, tackle, equipment ect.. never an actual car. That is AWSOME :thumbsup_anim: . Good for them. They should sell it so they can afford another CO for the next 6 months.

Just to be clear, I hope this punk gets hit with every law possible. His arrogance, in posting the videos with such cockiness, is insulting. I always thought "Seize items related to an offence" meant seizing the rod, tackle, equipment ect.. never an actual car. That is AWSOME :thumbsup_anim: . Good for them. They should sell it so they can afford another CO for the next 6 months.

some items do go to auction if not collected.

Cars were confiscated by the MNR? I'm all for punishing these dbags but are you sure the MNR took their cars? That seems ridiculous to me.

The MNR definitely do confiscate cars (as well as fishing gear). I remember watching them tow away an individual's car at the Humber 6yrs back in the fall. I'm assuming the guy had stashed fish over his limit in his trunk...It definitely wasn't for parking illegally.LOL

I am so tempted to post on this guy's youtube account but I don't think its the best strategy. As Doc Sal already said, keeping this available on youtube = keeping evidence available for review. Posting some angry comment will just push him to take it down.

As for confiscating cars, haha lets do the math. $10,000 - $15,000 (at least for an auto) vs. $20.00 for salmon at the supermarket. At least the salmon at Metro isn't full of mercury and other carcinogens and half rotten.