Reliable Wind Forecast source?

blaque

Try this CAMERA site of the Great Lakes......first click on "camera map" on the left side........then click on the area you want to check....then below the the picture of the area there is "near shore" and "off shore" weather links to click on......sounds like a lot of clicking but it's fast and CURRENT with the real time pics of the lake area..

Don't know what happened to the Toronto camera this year....it was until this year the best pic on the board......had a real time pic of some fishing pier.....you could actually watch people walking up and down the pier.

http://www.lakevision.com/index.html

Bob

I get up start the coffee and look at the weeping willow in the yard, if that looks fine I grab a coffee and walk to the end of the street, Lake Ontario is right there :whistling: If it looks good hook up the boat and it's 2 minutes to the launch :clapping: If the lake starts flat takes a while to get rolling and usually get a few hours in anyway.

FYI, the question isnt necassarily in the interest of a marine (boating) forecast. But more-so to see what ill be in for when heading out to the piers on the southshore of Lake Ontario. Basically just wanted a tool to tell me when wind conditions were going to be ideal and whats in store on the nights i can make it out.

If anyones interested lol, its been slow. Past weekend i broke one fish off and saw 2 or 3 hooked. Last night, the big NADA. For everyone, not just myself.

I use this one. My link After checking it all summer i have determined, if it calls for rain when I want to go fishing for walleye it will be sunny, and I shoud be fishing for bass

If it calls for stong winds the lake will be calm

if I plan my trip based on their prediction, I will be ..... upset is the word I believe I have to use on this forum....

when I really want to know My link or My link