New PB Largemouth

nodie

After some planning of when and where to go on our off day, John and I decided to hit up a gorgeous lake up in the mountains. The weather was great all day. Weatherman calling for 15kmh was dead wrong. Winds were very calm and the lake was a mirror at times, which made for perfect sight fishing.

Started off great with a largemouth on the first cast, on a Lucky Craft LV100. Working rocky shorelines, we were able to pick up a few decent pike and a couple bass on a drop shot rig. Switching from deep shorelines to deep weeds, we were able to pick up a few bass here and there, on flippin' jigs and cranks. Most of the nicer fish came off deep weeds

IMG_2369Small.jpg

IMG_2379Small.jpg

And finally what made this outing all worthwhile... We worked shoreline after shoreline, and entered this little bay. Immediately picking off a nice fish on the jig, I started thinking the nicer fish were up shallow... After working the area quite well, I noticed a pine tree in the water and pitched my jig. Sure enough, this beast was sitting right under it and picked up the jig like there's no tomorrow. The fight was on. John grabbed the hiber net and did a wonderful netting job. A new PB for me! Guessing weights are welcomed!

IMG_2372Small.jpg

Another shot

IMG_2371Small.jpg

All in all a great day on the water! Thanks again John

Hope you enjoyed!

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice largie! I'd say 4.5 lbs.Its short but fat, so there is potential for a much bigger fish in that lake!

Congrats on your PB but I think you will be beating it very shortly!