prestine muskie waters

muskymatt

11 members have voted

1. 1. St.Lawrence ,Montreal area/would you have interest in going

• yes
    • no

I've always wondered what makes one area better for muskie than others and why populations flourish in certain area and with bigger average fish size.

Well it's well known that Lake of 2 mountains and Lac St.Pierre and St. Francis are some of the best with big fish stories coming from there all the time. It's also well know that some local guides do extreamly well on these waters that make muskie fishing look easy.

I was also wondering if there would be any interest in having a 3 day muskie "outing" in these areas with a small entry fee and 100% payout. There are lots of hotels and places to stay. Maps could be handed out and marked up with potential spots of interest. Having seen all the Muskie guides and their tv shows has raised my interest in going to try it out for a weekend. All the big name guides have done countless shows and I have seen some big fish from them promoting the fishery.

Make it a weekend outing and set up a blog to show results and post pics of the fish. I was thinking sometime in September.

Is this something anyone from here would be interested in?

Edited by muskymatt

So what's the poll? And none of those waters are pristine so I'm wondering what the question is.

I was wondering the same thing, pristine to me would be undiscovered or very limited pressured waters with big fish possibilities, I would assume those waters receive substantial pressures from both Ont and Quebec, although they certainly have big fish, the closest thing to pristine might be GB big fish and big water where you might not see another muskie angler because of its size

I was wondering the same thing, pristine to me would be undiscovered or very limited pressured waters with big fish possibilities, I would assume those waters receive substantial pressures from both Ont and Quebec, although they certainly have big fish, the closest thing to pristine might be GB big fish and big water where you might not see another muskie angler because of its size

Ok ....maybe my choice of words was less than ideal, maybe I should have used trophy or big fish. That said it is a nice area and a weekend with some like minded folks out having fun sounds like a good idea to me and this area is definitly big enough to accomodate a large number of boats.

Well if people didn't know those lakes held muskie, they do now!

You know how I foound out about it????

I watched Marc Thorpe, Pete Mania, Jim Saric and several others all doing shows promoting the area on TV.....If going on National tv while fishing the area isn't getting the word out what is?

I watched the shows liked what I saw and want to try fishing it....what's wrong with that?

I also read in OOD mag the 10 best muskie waters in which some favorite colors were even given by some of the guys.

They are all part of the St.Lawrence and is globally known for muskie..... :rolleyes:

Heck you can even go to thier website and see exactly where they are fishing.

It is no secret

Edited by muskymatt

I have located a hotel with pool, bar, fine dining for $125 (double occupancy) a night with 2 queen beds not far from several access points. There is also a store nearby that has Quebec licences available.

I was thinking Labor Day weekend for those interested as after that it may be tough for parent's with kids in school to attend such as myself. But dates are open to discussion.

It looks like we might have approx 18 folks confirmed already so when we get an idea I may go back to the hotel for a further group discount.

Edited by muskymatt

What's the game plan Matt ??

Are you planning on us all meeting at the hotel in Montreal Friday night, then fishing Saturday & Sunday and heading for home on the Monday ??

My concern is it being a long weekend with heavy holiday traffic on Friday evening and the distances we'll have to travel from Burlington and Peterboro area.

What's the game plan Matt ??

Are you planning on us all meeting at the hotel in Montreal Friday night, then fishing Saturday & Sunday and heading for home on the Monday ??

My concern is it being a long weekend with heavy holiday traffic on Friday evening and the distances we'll have to travel from Burlington and Peterboro area.

Pretty much but I'm open to any and all date suggestions....nothing is firm yet so whatever works best for the majority is probably the best way to go.

I'm able to switch up dates if necessary.

Yeah the long weekend would not work for me as I have to move my son into his house for his university start date ( 2nd yr).

Do you have another date in Sept that would be better? The second weekend (11th-12th Sept) is also good as is (28th-29th Aug) and meeting on the Fri night for pops and discussion followed by 2 days fishin and head home Monday seems like the best bet.

If those who said yes could contact me by pm we could start a email exchange to hammer out the details.

Sould be fun :w00t:

Edited by muskymatt