Nip/Upper French Report

Marty

As alot of you know, my son Dawson, loves to fish. This year we took him on our annual trip to the Upper French/Lake Nipissing. With my dad, brother, me and now Dawson, we had 3 generations up there. I still remember being about his age and my first trip. This one was priceless. Thanks to TJ for some cold beer and a great breakfast.

We didn't get to target muskies like we usually do but the walleye fishing was simply excellent. Alot of bigger fish were caught and we had plenty to eat. Dawson did throw some big bucktails for awhile on a musky rig but he didn't like to do it very long. We did raise three muskies in a very short time but most of the time was spent bass, pike and walleye fishin. He caught a nice walleye on just his third cast of the trip. He was casting so hard at one point, he fell in the lake. He caught snakes and frogs and had a blast. I'll never forget this trip.

Here are some of the pictures:

000_0031.JPG

000_0034.JPG

000_0038.JPG

000_0035.JPG

000_0043.JPG

000_0054.JPG

000_0040.JPG

105_0899.JPG

105_0900.JPG

000_0059.JPG

105_0924.JPG

It's really great to see this report! I'm really glad that you guys had a good time.

Dawson: Although it doesn't surprise me, you appear to have outfished everyone yet again. Keep up the good work!

Tony: What can I say... you're just as cute as you've always been. :D

Ed: Have you gained weight or did someone kick you in the back? Real happy you had a great trip with your boys.

Thanks for posting this Marty. It made my day.

Guest Johnny Bass

Very impressive fishery. With fishing trips like that, a son cannot help but get hooked to fishing! He will remember these trips for a long time. I know I still do!

Fantastic stuff Marty, I was waiting for your report.

Dawson is such a great little guy and it's excellent to hear he's gonna be a regular on your trip now. Can't wait for the report when he hooks into a monster musky :lol:

I see Tony's still driving that awesome bass rig too !!

Thanks guys. It was a great trip and I can't wait for the next one. For a 7 year old, he's a very impressive fisherman already. He caught the largie draggin a rat across the pad, the walleyes and smallies were caught jiggin and the pike he caught tossin a little cleo. He threw a Calcutta/8 foot heavy rod and Eagle Tails hoping to get a muskies. He makes me very proud. At his age, I was using a float and worm catching sunfish.

Brother, it's about time you got this report up!

It was a great trip....and having Dawson there made it that much better. I'll never forget having him in my boat all day Thursday and having him fall asleep on me.....only to start reeling in his sleep!!! I'm already looking forward to next year!

Roy... It's been awhile my friend. Marty and I were talking and we may make it up your way again for a trip with Marc. It would be GREAT to see you again. It's been way too long! My wife is scared with your "cute" comment though....lol.

Lew... yeah I still got that boat. It serves it's purpose, but I wouldn't buy another. About the only thing I like about it is the motor. How have the muskies been treating you this year? I check in here every so often but I haven't seen many reports from you. How's retirement treating you? One of these days I have to get up there and fish with you.....maybe the Lakeair trip next June?

Spiel,

Don't take this personal, but I'm glad we didn't have to call you from the side of the road this year with transmission problems....ha ha. I hope all is well with you.

Good health and happiness to all,

Tony

nice going

it's great when another generation because part of an annual trip......

...son......some how I thought you had a couple of girls twins maybe...ai don't know..must have been thinking of someone else

Excellent report and pics Marty :thumbsup_anim:

Looks like your son kick your butt on this trip B)

I love seeing younger anglers getting into fish of a life time B)

I bet he's going to be talking / bragging about it for a long time :good:

Congratulations to Dawson on those impressive catches :clapping::thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for sharing

Leechman

Lew... yeah I still got that boat. It serves it's purpose, but I wouldn't buy another. About the only thing I like about it is the motor. How have the muskies been treating you this year? I check in here every so often but I haven't seen many reports from you. How's retirement treating you? One of these days I have to get up there and fish with you.....maybe the Lakeair trip next June?

Tony

Hiya Tony, really good to hear from you, it's been a long time. Yeah, it'd be great to hook up with you for a day on the water and if your gonna be at Lakair next June we'll set it up for sure.

Retirement is fantastic, what can I say ?? :thumbsup_anim: Only trouble is I'm busier now than when I was actually working for a living :lol:

Lookin forward to seeing you, Marty & Dawson next year !!

Spiel,

Don't take this personal, but I'm glad we didn't have to call you from the side of the road this year with transmission problems....ha ha. I hope all is well with you.

Tony

I'm also glad you didn't have to call Tony, for your sanity not mine.

But rest assured if you had called I would have been there to assist in a heartbeat.

Be well my friend!