Boat called grew 160 Musky.

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

Anyone ever heard of these boats? They are really cheap. Sounds like something has to be wrong with it.What are your thoughts? Its fiberglass but it only weighs about 660lbs??? Nice front and back deck and the livewell looks decent.

http://boatlandcanada.ca/index.php?option=com_boatcom&Itemid=277&task=desc

Edited by Johnny Bass

Anyone ever heard of these boats? They are really cheap. Sounds like something has to be wrong with it.What are your thoughts? Its fiberglass but it only weighs about 660lbs??? Nice front and back deck and the livewell looks decent.

http://boatlandcanada.ca/index.php?option=com_boatcom&Itemid=277&task=desc

Grew made some good boats, i didn't think they were around anymore

Guest Johnny Bass

Thanks for all the replies. Seems like a great deal. But 660lbs and made out of fiberglass? Apparently it handles waves better than an aluminum but that is the word of a salesman.lol

Comes with a 40 h.p 4 stroke. The only thing is I only want the boat for a year or two, then I want to get an 18+ footer with at least a 75h.p. but not over 90h.p.(burns too much gas).

I'm not sure I can get anything for this boat after a few years.

Guest Johnny Bass

One more thing. A fiberglass boat(as opposed to an aluminum) is less likely to leak after 10 years. true or false?>

Edited by Johnny Bass

Both types of boats have there pro's and cons. Fiber Glass is great but if scuffs or gouges aren't repaired Osmosis can occur. Riveted or welded boats could crack or could have leaky rivets. All depends on type of warranty is given on both

Guest Johnny Bass

Both types of boats have there pro's and cons. Fiber Glass is great but if scuffs or gouges aren't repaired Osmosis can occur. Riveted or welded boats could crack or could have leaky rivets. All depends on type of warranty is given on both

I like to ground my boats on shore to go for a swim or what not. Then a riveted aluminum would be better, if I hit small rocks and stuff and the boat gets scrapes?

Guest Johnny Bass

Thanks. No price and nothing in Ontario. I guess I would have to order it. Not sure I want to add too many accessories to the boat. I'm already adding a lowrance fishfinder/GPS if I grab it. Don't know how much the maps(the chips) are going to cost me though.

Thanks. No price and nothing in Ontario. I guess I would have to order it. Not sure I want to add too many accessories to the boat. I'm already adding a lowrance fishfinder/GPS if I grab it. Don't know how much the maps(the chips) are going to cost me though.

I found 8 dealers in Ontario

=detail&tx_spdirectory_pi1[modifier]=search&tx_spdirectory_pi1[sword]=Ontario&tx_spdirectory_pi1[value]=324"]Keelshield dealers in Ontario

http://www.bridgeyachts.com/index.php?product=KS12WH

Edited by GBW

Guest Johnny Bass

specs from Grew

ull Length: 16' 0" (4.88m)

Beam: 7' 0" (2.14m)

Weight 1495lbs(*) (679kg) (*)

Fuel Capacity: 12gal (optional) (46L)

Maximum Power: 75Hp O/

The star means that includes motor and everything. The boat alone is like 660 lbs.

How much do the chips cost for the lowrance GPS Henry?