Garlic Recipe for those interested - NF

Leecher

You guys remember this pic

DSC04152.jpg

It's been drying for the last 3 weeks and today was the day.... I keep my garlic in the freezer all year round and here is how I do it.

Started to separate the bulbs from the heads and this is the longest part about this recipe. Separating is easy but removing the skin from it is a bit of a challenge..... sticky as hell after a while :o

DSC04161.jpg

I managed to clean half the crop (had 30 heads to clean) and ask my wife and daughter to help me while I was processing them in the food processor

Here's my half :blush:

DSC04160.jpg

Results after processing

DSC04162.jpg

Once it was all chopped finely.... added olive oil extra virgin to the mix. I don't have the exact measurement but you want to obtain a good consistency similar to a mush.... add a little bit at a time. In this batch used 1/3 of the bottle.

Here's the results.... you can see the oil in the mix

DSC04163.jpg

Once finish mixing.... pour into ice cube trays like in the next pic

DSC04164.jpg

Put in the freezer for 24 hours. The next day run the under side under warm water so that the content detach from it and wrap each cubes into all purpose food packaging film. Then into a zip lock bag freezer type and back into the freezer.

Garlic will keep for over a year this way and you won't need to chop them when you want to use in a recipe :);)

Now the smell of garlic is all over the house but I'm not complaining :D I kept the largest 6 heads for planting next fall. I placed them into a paper bag and into the cupboard.

Leechman

a few things.

1. you will never have to worry about vampires getting into your place

2. that was alot of work you put into that from beginning to end.

3. i want garlic bread..

good stuff man :) thats alot of dedication.

Guest Johnny Bass

I thought this was a recipe for fish scent. I heard garlic works great! Mush it into a liquid and spray your bait with it! Never it tried it myself though.

Edited by Johnny Bass

a few things.

1. you will never have to worry about vampires getting into your place

2. that was alot of work you put into that from beginning to end.

3. i want garlic bread..

good stuff man :) thats alot of dedication.

LOL Alex.... Thanks man!!!

I thought this was a recipe for fish scent. I heard garlic works great! Mush it into a liquid and spray your bait with it! Never it tried it myself though.

Good idea Johnny!!! I'm tempted to try next time out :)

I think I know why your rye and coke has been tasting funny :whistling: lol

Nice job Leechman....gotta love the garlic. It's a staple in our house.

Cheers

Craig

Thanks Craig!!! LOL the smell in the trays will disappear after a few good wash :) I bought a couple of extra trays just for that ;)

A very good idea that I will have to employ! Garlic is my birthstone!

HH

Thanks HH!!!

Hey Jacques, there nothing that tastes better than a freshly filleted fish cooked in butter and garlic. I can smell the garlic from here! Great work.

Cheers.

Thanks Tony!!! Totally agree..... nothing like it :)

your making me hungry for my moms home made fresh pasta and garlic pesto.

Thanks Vinni!!!

Right on,and dont forget the fresh grated parma and sprinkle of chillie peppers. ;)

Well done Jacques.

Well be doing this soon.

Thanks Brian!!! Long process for the cleaning part but well worth it :canadian:

Good idea Johnny!!! I'm tempted to try next time out :)

If you ever figure out how to make the spray like the YUM stuff Jacques I have to know! I love that spray for soft plastics! For some reason it's green :dunno:

my god i love garlic! good stuff. i've got a whole lot of basil that would go well with that...

if you're not concerned about keeping the garlic clove whole, getting the skin off is as easy as giving them a quick smash with the side of your knife - skin should pop right off.