off another site re g loomis warranty

aniceguy

I dont know how much fact is behind this Im quoting off a US fishing site

The new policy as of aug 1 is:

1. You must have ALL of the rod to get a new one at a dealer and must ship all of the rod to shimano to get a new one.

2. The exchange price has went from $50 to $100.

We have alot of people that break their old rods to get a new one. I guess thats why that's the reason for the change?

So if you have a broken Loomis you better hurry and get it taken care of before Aug 1.

again its a quote not my words just wondering if this is true and the expidator service with a cut blank is now done

I would of thought Loomis,being one of the top end rod builders and higher priced rods,would not lower thier standards to this.

We have alot of people that break their old rods to get a new one. I guess thats why that's the reason for the change?

Whats up with that comment?

Here is the brief history of loomis & warranty:

Pre-1998 - when they were an independent company their warranty was average at best. There were many tales of "misplaced" rods and they didn't always do what they said they were going to do, despite making extremely high quality product.

Post-1998 - Shimano Canada buys G-Loomis and their initial focus is to make their warranty rock-solid. They introduce the "You pay $50 (it is currently $75) and you get a new rod, same model, no questions asked" OR you could send your rod to them for inspection, and if your story was a product default, you'd get a new model for free. These options still hold true.

IF G-Loomis is upgrading the price from $75 to $100, it is assuredly because they have their new NRX rod line coming out in Mid August. These rods are going to retail from $500 - $700 a pop. Their research staff must know the ratio of returns per sale, and the bounce to $100 probably keeps it in the same $$$ range for them as their current setup.

Regardless, if you're paying $700 for a rod, you probably don't mind paying $100 "insurance" after the fact to get a new one. Think of any other industry, and this would be company suicide - real estate, automotive etc. "You can return your Silverado for $2000 and get a new one, no questions asked." Not bloody likely.

Anyone complaining about this policy should give their heads a shake.

Ryan

Last week I took a GL3 Spinning rod into Shimano Peterborough.

The cork fore grip had come loose so that the reel was sliding forward in the reel seat. A little glue would have solved the problem, but they called the Loomis man down from the office. He took my address and gave me a receipt for the rod. I'm pretty sure he said that Loomis warranty claims were handled by Shimano USA.

A few days later a cardboard rod tube was delivered to my door.

Inside was a brand new rod. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have never had a problem with Shimano or Loomis warranties...even for Frontier rods. That said, I have paid small surcharges for non-defect repairs or upgrades at times.

Garry2R's

Edited by garry2rs

with some companies, when you invest in an expensive rod, you get a good warranty behind it.

I just recieved my Sage fly rod back from washington, the butt section broke when it was slammed in my car door by accident.

they made me a brand new bottom section and only charged me the shipping and handling. no charge for the actual rod or labour.

I was quite pleased.

Hopefully, Loomis will continue with a great warranty on their expensive stuff.