How not to build a wall

Fang

I'm doing a controlled rolling demo of my basement, taking down the old drywall from 2 rooms so we can reframe and put up proper insulation. So far so good but when we pulled the drywall off the next section I had a real good laugh. The original builder got their dimensions messed up and had to put 2 sheets on top of each other in order to but up even to the door jams. Double the mess pulling the old stuff down but I get a full view of the stud wall underneath. I honestly can't see a start or finish to this or how they put it up. There's not one full piece in the studs or the top or bottom plate. What a mix of 2x3's and 3x5's(?)

THANK GOODNESS THIS IS NOT LOAD BEARING!!!. In 4 ft of wall there is 31 seperate pieces of wood and I have not even started to count the nails used.

DSCF9987.jpg

DSCF9988.jpg

DSCF9989.jpg

I'm doing a controlled rolling demo of my basement, taking down the old drywall from 2 rooms so we can reframe and put up proper insulation. So far so good but when we pulled the drywall off the next section I had a real good laugh. The original builder got their dimensions messed up and had to put 2 sheets on top of each other in order to but up even to the door jams. Double the mess pulling the old stuff down but I get a full view of the stud wall underneath. I honestly can't see a start or finish to this or how they put it up. There's not one full piece in the studs or the top or bottom plate. What a mix of 2x3's and 3x5's(?)

THANK GOODNESS THIS IS NOT LOAD BEARING!!!. In 4 ft of wall there is 31 seperate pieces of wood and I have not even started to count the nails used.

Mike Holmes would be beating his head off the wall if he saw that. :wallbash:

I hope your whole house isn't built like that. :w00t:

Edited by DRIFTER_016

looks like something that got screwed up in the building process and needed to be done fast and sloppy before the house closed. this is common amongst the trades, you cant really blame the guy doing it, its usually the higher ups that give him the "by any means" speech at 5 minutes before he's off the clock.