Slayin' pigs in Lake O with Capt Emil

mercforever

Hooked up with Emil early this morning,drove to bronte to do some down rigging.First time out on Lake O ,headed out to a waypoint on the lowrance which was barely visible with all the lines going thru it,better known as the spider web.Action was hot and cold.went 12 for 20.my fault for not reeling fast enough,damn cheater.Had the pleasure of taking my heaviest fish,after doing this for 40 yrs,a 28 lbs coho.I guess they're not big lund fans or maybe a yankee,'cause this thing headed for Buffalo.No problem,just put the boat in reverse and back to it.Capt Emil informs me that that aint happening so after 20 mins or so of praying not to get spooled,finally she was netted anfd released.I just get my arse in the chair when the dipsy rod starts ripping.God had mercy on me ,only 22lbs.Awesome day out there,the weatherman was bang on the money,and my left arm is starting to have feeling again.Thanks again Emil,might have to put some of those fancy riggers on the tracker!!!!!!!!!!!pics to follow if Emil can get away from the smoker.

That's great, wonder if we saw you out there. Looking forward to the pics.

We got 3 so obviously did not fish in the same spot, or we were there at different times as they were not so plentiful for us.

Joey

pics to follow if Emil can get away from the smoker.

OK, just to add the "supporting photo material" as George has summed it up nicely . Just one small correction (George is forgiven here) :rolleyes: but the big ones and most of the fish caught today were Chinooks (not Cohos). You can see that on the photos bellow. Next time we'll start with a on shore crush course on "recognizing your fish" first :sarcasm:

For someone who doesn't do this (like me bi-weekly) :worthy: he sure did great fighting some pretty good size monsters :thumbsup_anim:

All big ones went back in the drink swimming nicely only kept few smaller ones that are now in the brine for tomorrow smoking session :whistling:

Anyhow - enjoy ....pictures don't do enough justice to those nice/silver/healthy fish....

IMG00022.jpg

IMG00025.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

Very nice lads, they were fighting super strong with the cold water temps yesterday indeed! thumbsup_anim.gif

Nice seeing you at the launch Tony...tried calling you on your cell to see how you were doing during the day but couldn't reach you...oh well...next time, the show is just starting :thumbsup_anim:

Cheers,

IceFisherman

Nice shootin ....the lamprey mark on the side of the one fish leads me to believe there is a lamprey problem from other posts as well

the fight of a healthy chinny is one of the best feelings in the world!!!...now if it HAD of been a Coho as stated ....that might have topped the chinny especially at that size

Good on ya !!!