Puslinch lake

vinnimon

I headed out for a day of fishing, only one other out fishing as well.

Well, A water skiing instructor started his daily lesson with the students.I know from exp that they dont care for other boaters on the lake,esp an outsider.Ive fished this lake for many years,more ice fishing than anything else.

Any way the other boater left and I was out there alone in a canoe.I stayed well clear of their run.But did he,NO!!!!!!!!!he aproached within a hundered feet at full throttle doing figure 8s!!!!!!!!No once but twice.So I ventured closer to shore to give him the rest of the lake.Then again!!!!!!!!After that another local coming back from the shop,decided hes gonna go full throttle within 30 feet of me.

Perhaps they want this lake to themselves,no out siders wanted!Lets see what happens next week!

Every year the same Bull!Ive seen it happen to others!

So all in all if your in a small boat/canoe in that lake.KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN!

Cause there is no call for that at all for what they do!

a well timed cast may change that....... whistling.gif just saying....

I was tempted!!!! Boy was I ever but there was a young one in tow from the skii boat!

Im not worried,gonna talk to a co worker!He works there as well P/t as an instructor.

Im going to ask what the actual issue is or pass on the safety concern on the water.

I don`t know anything about this particular lake but if it is a public lake I would call the cops on the. asshat.gif

Mainly private,but the public are welcome.There is a resteraunt there that I like and the water skiing oulet and lessons that I dispise! esp now!

or, you could shoot a flare at them, and say you were trying to get help, in fear for your life.........just kidding, sort of... devil.gif

Thats not a way to resolve an issue!Chidish and stupid in my books and cold heartedly dangerous!

that's pretty stupid of them to do to you. what i would have done is waited at the ramp. then approached them and simply said "you got a darn problem?" most times they simply apologize due to fear of being approached. most pricks don't like confrontation lol.

This happens all the time and it can result in dangerous situations. You're only ever a split second away from being a front-page news story in those situations and I think you should lodge a complaint.

Being in a canoe you're more susceptible to their idiocy and people like that should lose their license. That behaviour doesn't wash anywhere else in our society - it shouldn't on the water either.

Some recent things that have happened to me (albeit not dangerous).

16 Kayakers coming down the Grand. One guy is in the group yelling "go behind the fishermen!" We move over to protect our hole that is full of rising, active fish. One guy goes right in front of us, the other 15 go behind us. As the guy is going in front of us he asks "Are you guys getting anything? Does boat traffic effect the fishing?"

4 kayakers decide to go out onto a busy Steelhead river in awful weather and land themselves right in my casting lane to battle the rapids in front of me. They sit there for 30-45 minutes. I was definitely considering running a spoon by their boats, but my better judgment won out.

Belwood and Conestoga Lakes (also GRCA) are full of donkeys like the water-skiers that you just mentioned. I guess the GRCA lakes need some serious unsafe-boater attention.

Go get 'em V.

Edited by BillsTheBassMan

ryan your a better man than i. id do something to scare the crap out of them or get them out of my hole lol. a nice bell or egg sinker right on the side of the hull usually get their attention. if they wanna discuss things on shore they would be more than welcome. :whistling:

that's pretty stupid of them to do to you. what i would have done is waited at the ramp. then approached them and simply said "you got a darn problem?" most times they simply apologize due to fear of being approached. most pricks don't like confrontation lol.

Again With The River Bull crap?

Like I Said Ignorant Like The Others.

For the size of this lake there is plenty of room for many to enjoy.The plain fact is that I purposely stayed out of their runs,well away!Kids gotta learn to water ski!Their runs are marked and I know they use the perimiter of the lake.I ussualy head to the deep hole,but they persisted!

BTW who has ROW.Canoe or power boat?

I had similar issues this weekend....

I just stood up, and yelled a few expletives, and waved my arms like a mad man....I pointed to the wide open lake they could be using as opposed to shooting the narrow channel between an island that I happened to be fishing along with another boat.

They got the message apparently as they went out to the lake and stayed there.

Sometimes you just have to let them know your pissed off.

Unfortunatly a lot of these people acting like idiots don't actually know they are being disruptive.

Alot of these people don't fish, and have no clue that whipping around you is hindering your efforts.

Heck a lot of these people are looking for waves to bounce off, and don't realize the waves they are sending.

Its not exuse, but sometimes being a bit more vocal, and visually upset might help?

Just a suggestion?

Edited by Cookslav

For the size of this lake there is plenty of room for many to enjoy.The plain fact is that I purposely stayed out of their runs,well away!Kids gotta learn to water ski!Their runs are marked and I know they use the perimiter of the lake.I ussualy head to the deep hole,but they persisted!

BTW who has ROW.Canoe or power boat?

Right of Way isn't that a question asked in the Boater's exam & should be know by all boaters.........

The canoe has right of way Vinnie, but morons like you encountered today don't go by the rules anyways.

You can say that again lew!

Just as dan said,they think they own the lake,since their place and the restaurant are the only access to the lake for us joe blows!

They are kind when it comes time for their benefit fundraiser to help clean up the lake.But with the golf coarse and elite private mansions, that were built next door!

I guess their determined too shoo off any outsiders in what ever fashion they please!