How Early

Billy Bob

My niece's husband used to tell us..."show me a fish I can't catch at noon and I'll get up early with you boys"

We never could...

He is one of a couple of fishermen I have met in my life that seem to have a sixth sense of where the fish are and what they want...When nobody is catching any...they never got skunked...

Beans...

Give me his name and number. HA!

Sure I can make room for him on my trip somewhere!!

After reading all the replies, I seem to gather that the main thing about the going out early is more so for the peacefulness etc. I love this also, but is the fishing any better really early? Is the angling a tad easier before the sun rises and the fish head for deeper hiding holes? I've sort of been curious about this as well over the years...

I'm a thermos guy myself. Grind some good beans and make a real coffee. I drink mine black. Thats why I don't drink Tims, there coffee is crap. I know all you timmies guys are mostly double double. Two tablespoons of sugar and about 4oz of cream, guess that makes it drinkable. I think I'm in trouble now, haha. Just my opinion.

I'm a thermos guy myself. Grind some good beans and make a real coffee. I drink mine black. Thats why I don't drink Tims, there coffee is crap. I know all you timmies guys are mostly double double. Two tablespoons of sugar and about 4oz of cream, guess that makes it drinkable. I think I'm in trouble now, haha. Just my opinion.

Actually I drink mine HOT with just a little bit of cream...when I go anywhere and order coffee I ask for cream on the side because I only use about half of what one of those little creamers are.

Stopped using a thermos years ago....maybe I should go back to one.....I have a Stanley around here somewhere.

Bob

My favorite time was anytime I could get out! Actually most of my bigger bass have come between 10am and 2 or 3pm, though anytime of day for numbers. Pike? after dark I don`t bother, but most of the biggest ones were between 4pm and dark. Walleye? any time of day. Same with cats. Skis? I have had problems landing, but anytime for a hookup.

I have been on the water at 6am and still out at dark, and gone out just before dark and still on the water a noon.

I'm for Timmies @ the launch!! My favourite launch is 96 km to the nearest gas staion. Do ya think a drive thru would be profitable?

my name is Brian I'm a fish a holic

Brian, you're my kind of man. I like the way you think. YES drive through Timmy's designed for those of us who tow fishing boats (other boaters not welcome)...LOL.....we'll maybe hunting boats but that's it... :good: :good: :good:

Early in the morning is best, on water before sun comes up. Even if the fish are not biting, the solitude of the lake is wonderful. Cup of coffee from the thermos, and just watch the world wake up. I am not sure that I catch anything more getting up early, but it sure makes for a great way to start the day.