My good deed for the day.

Castmaster

I was driving home from dropping off my wife at work and right around the corner from my house on a busy street there was this big yellow lab right in the middle of the road. He was licking a smashed bird right on the yellow line and people were just zipping past him. I stopped right in the middle of the road blocking traffic in both directions and proceeded to load the dog into my car. What a beautiful animal! Right away I noticed She was stilll stiched up from being spayed. I brought her right home and called all the local Vet's and the humane society to leave a description of where I found her, what she looked like, my name a phone number. Then I took her to the vet by my house to see if she was micro-chipped. Lucky enough she was, and the owner's sister was there in 20 minutes. I put the dog in my truck to follow her home and when I got there realized it was an old room-mate of mine's mother. Small world! She hugged and hugged me for finding and saving her dog. And she gave me a hundred bucks! I told here I didn't want it but she started yelling at me and made me take it. I didn't want the money, I just wanted the dog to get home. I feel pretty good now!!! I had a dog stolen before and know how panicked she must have been. My good deed for the day! :thumbsup_anim:

Good for yuu and good for the dog. Over the years we have had many strays stay at our house, some were united with their family and some well just stayed. It makes you feel good all over when you see both the owner and dog reunited. The smiles and tail wags are fantastic to watch.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

I would only hope someone would do the same if Andy ever went missing!!!!

We have been here 5 years and succesfully returned 3 strays (one of them about 4 times but she was a sweetheart and old so we didn't mind).

Edited by Big Cliff