Thankyou Dalton

grt1

I just got home from picking up the mail and lo and behold I had a letter from the Ontario Government. Since I just recieved a tax bill from them for my house I assumed this would be another tax bill for a different property that I lease on a land use permit.

Wrong,

It was a cheque from Dalton for the hst transition for $330. What a nice way to start the afternoon. NOW the wife wants to know where her cheque is. There is supposed to be another in December and another one the following June.

So is this going to be 1 cheque per person or household?

I just got home from picking up the mail and lo and behold I had a letter from the Ontario Government. Since I just recieved a tax bill from them for my house I assumed this would be another tax bill for a different property that I lease on a land use permit.

Wrong,

It was a cheque from Dalton for the hst transition for $330. What a nice way to start the afternoon. NOW the wife wants to know where her cheque is. There is supposed to be another in December and another one the following June.

Cash it!! And fast!

he is treating us like prostitutes

he's paying us before he screws us

So what yer saying is,try out the prostitute before you pay? :tease::tease:

Im not allowed to have the mail box key,so Im waiting for my wife to get home to get screwed. :mellow:

Yep. got mine today. Gonna put it in my RRSP - then that other great Canadian bearer of the truth (Harper) has to pay me too! Just too bad I have to wait till next year to cash in

Prostitute you say? OK. Give me another 330 + and call me a different name!

I was thinking the same thing and this is what I read.

Benefits would be delivered to eligible Ontario tax filers aged 18 and over in each of June 2010, December 2010 and June 2011, totalling a maximum of $300 for single people and $1,000 for single parents and couples.

Guest Johnny Bass

So this HST is just a bigger GST and we get a bit more money rebate for it? And the businesses instead of getting just the GST get the entire HST? What about federal tax??? Doesn't the gov get a slice of the pie anymore? I've also noticed tax on things that were not taxed before. So not sure if it is good news or bad.

Its good news if your poor and living paycheck to paycheck I guess. So in one way I like it.

Still, time to get rid of the GST portion and bring our tax down to 7% again. If companies cannot afford to stay in business the old fashioned way, that is too bad!

Still, time to get rid of the GST portion and bring our tax down to 7% again.

HAHAHA! Taxes go down??? You've been bought and paid for, my friend. How much did you get to make the pill easier to swallow?

It's pathetic. He tries to make us feel better by giving us our own money back, unless you're one of the dregs who contribute next to nothing to start with...Bitter??? You'd better believe it.

Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have.-Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. -Thomas Jefferson

Most bad government has grown out of too much government.-Thomas Jefferson

I think myself that we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious.-Thomas Jefferson

Amen to that. Andy

Edited by Andy

Will it be like interest on your tax return.. you have to claim it as taxable income next year????

I guess my postman must be using my cheque as a book mark... in my fishing magazine that he hasn't delivered yet!! (sorry Steve.. couldn't resist!)