Update for Musky Opener

Handlebarz

Here are the first batch of HandleBarZ Flashabou musky bucktails. I have been playing around for a couple years now and like to tie some lures I love tying bucktails and had bought some of the flashabou a couple seasons ago but was not impressed with it as it would twist a lot but with the Newer Magnum Flashabou I was more then happy with the results from tying this stuff just tying with it you know it feels strong enough to put in front of the big girls and the test market over the last few season has been great with all the rage for bigger baits and flashabou like double cowgirls and other double 10 and 13 blades.

Well here is my take on them most have a size 8 colorado or indiana blade there is one 13 and one mag willow 5 that is 7" other then that we have alot of luck with smaller blades here on Lake St.Clair.

96cd4838.jpg

301f2186.jpg

1ee0c94d.jpg

f4bf279e.jpg

20fb26f5.jpg

96ebd592.jpg

36a683fc.jpg

0c6445cb.jpg

5bc198f0.jpg

Edited by Mike P.

They look nice, however when I use flash I find alittle goes along way. I prefer to use bucktail and only use a few strands of flash to enhance the bait.I'm not a big fan of to much flash unless I'm tying Twinkle flies for Salmon fish'in

Anyway I'd be interested to see how they work,you may be on to somthing. They gotta cost a bit using that much flash

Edited by canadadude

Thanks guys Wayne I will not show the wife your post she can just wait until December 16th to see where they will go in the off season right now she just wants her clock back

Canada Dude this is nothing new on the market just something fun for me to do at the house they do cost a fair bit but still alot cheaper then buying them in a store and ya have some fun at the same time. I was using the normal Flashabou but it is just not good enough and I have cut up alot of baits I made as they would tangle and twist into the blades.

6edc1250.jpg

Looking good Mike, I can't wait to see them up close!

Okay, I had a chance to see them up close. Very nice!

Here's a chance to see them in action...

HandleBarZ "Confusion"

1.jpg

They glory shot

3.jpg

And the payoff

5.jpg

Nice debut for a bait, Mike!

First time in the water and they were enough to win the Muskies Canada Opener with a thick 45"er.

Guest Johnny Bass

Very nice. The only thing better than making your own lures is when you actually catch fish on them!!!Makes the catch all the more sweeter.

Thanks for the props Brian and sorry I could not give you the first one of that color it would not be fair to have it sit on a shelf beside your trophy :blahblah1:

SYN thank you

Wayne I would love to do nothing more then make lures that would be almost a dream job next to owning a camp and make lures. I will sell some and not have the inflated prices so that regular fishermen/women can afford them. Will figure that out soon enough.

Johhny You are right it sure was a great feeling to have that one go off it was not out to long either we (well I) lost two more on it after Brian got that one.

When the end of the day was here this is how it totaled

Brian 1

Mike 1

Musky 5

What a great way to start the season off.

NICE!

Good to see Dupois (sp) with a big ol smile on his face too. Way to go Brian, now you will have to listen to that MP guy taking credit for the rest of the season! ha ha ha.... just razzin Mike, good to see your spinners working out to a great start of the season bud.

Cheers, Ron...

Way to go Brian, now you will have to listen to that MP guy taking credit for the rest of the season!

That's okay Ron, I'm just honoured to be part of the HandleBarZ Pro Staff and looking forward to getting the tournament shirts and boat wrap. :w00t:

Maybe Nissan will sponser me too. :rofl2: