Largest Trout in the World

laszlo

Too bad they don't jump. Taimen fight like a big laker (you know, like you hooked a giant plastic bag).

If you want to put a real bend in your rod, so to speak, consider a trip to northern India for a fish called Mahseer. They're sort of like a six-foot golden shiner, and they jump like crazy. They live in wild, Niagara-sized rivers draining the Himalaya, and you travel to the spots by elephant. No joke.

Too bad they don't jump. Taimen fight like a big laker (you know, like you hooked a giant plastic bag).

If you want to put a real bend in your rod, so to speak, consider a trip to northern India for a fish called Mahseer. They're sort of like a six-foot golden shiner, and they jump like crazy. They live in wild, Niagara-sized rivers draining the Himalaya, and you travel to the spots by elephant. No joke.

OR...you can just fly fish Tarpon in Florida.

yes the Taimen. I saw Monster Fish on GEOHD. cool show. sick fish. I wanna take the trip one day to Mongolia

When I flipped to the show my first thought was they were in Alberta. Some very beautiful spots in northern Mongolia. The flight there would be brutal however.

My dad and I were watching that yesterday afternoon - He finally got a new TV and the National Geographic HD channel :thumbsup_anim:

They're beautiful fish for sure. I wonder what it would be like to drift 12 inch streamer patterns with a float rod + centrepin combo? :Gonefishing:

One other fish related to the Taimen I want to catch is the Hucho (aka Danubian salmon) from Slovenia...They don't grow as big but are some of the most challenging fish to catch.

Oh yes! They’re supposed to be the world’s strongest fighting freshwater fish…The golden mahseer is on my to-catch list…There are several outfitters that you can get to by train + 4x4 provided the road didn’t wash away during monsoon season :w00t: . If you can find it (in a format suitable for US/CAN), the DVD with host Jeremy Wade titled Jungle Hooks – India is absolutely amazing.

Ever since I was a kid, I've always wanted to ride an elephant after watching Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom...I wouldn't mind the opportunity given the chance :lol: