NF When do you say enuff and get rid of it

vinnimon

Im sure some of you can relate to some degree.I have a saturn that needs to go.It serves no purpose and things are going wrong.Well the boss says to fix the exhaust and she demanded that it be put back on the rd immediately.Me,I say no, and find another one.Well everything went to the roof,oh man!!!!!!.I can give a list on this vehicle,oh man,I surely can.

Well its off to the exhaust shop,and emmisions afterwards.Note to self(tell wife I TOLD YOU SO).Anyway it wont pass.Irratic idle prob,possibly in a tranny solenoid.Oh and the egr is leaking threw the diaphram,HMMMMMM, NO PAS!

This wiffey of mine is talking to a mechanic!!!!DA,But she knows better!

We will see what happens soon enough!PLease stay tuned,TO BE CONTINUED!LOL

be nice and take the wife out tonightLOL my score was 17 at the club with pigeons,LOL.on full choke.Cant nail a squacker while its resting,LOL

.one bullet should do the job, if you are a good shot

I'm on the flipside.

I want to keep our van but my wife wants a new car.

It's been by far the most reliable vehicle we've had and it runs perfect. The downside is that she's been driving it since new ('97) and I think she's just tired of it.

I might have to replace it because every time I want something (new Terrova) I hear about the van.

The funny part of it is; when we have bad weather I'll offer the 4WD Suburban and she declines. She says she's more comfortable driving the 2WD Astro in the snow!!!

Getting back to your question... when is enough, enough?

I guage immediate and upcoming repairs vs. monthly payments. When the van need a new transmission ($1600) I pondered whether or not we'd get another 4 months worry free out of it vs. paying $400/mo on a new vehicle.

You can say the car isn't worth putting the money into but it's usually cheaper than replacing it. In other words, if I knew the van needed a new engine now and a set of tires in a couple of months, it'd be gone.

Our maintenance costs have yet to exceed $2000/yr. It helps when you can do a lot of repairs yourself.

My wife and I have an understanding......I don't tell her how to cook and she doesn't tell me when I can or can't buy a new vehicle.

I buy a brand new truck every 3 - 5 years and she makes the best roast beef dinner you'll find anywhere.

It's a system that's kept us VERY happily married for nearly 44 years. :D

be nice and take the wife out tonight

.one bullet should do the job, if you are a good shot

....and less than 20 yrs from now you'll be sittin' on the deck somewhere havin' a beer.

Option #2: Fix the damned car, it'll be cheaper than a Divorce. Always remember, you Married her for some damned reason.

Edited by nofish4me

Guest Johnny Bass

There's been quite a few problems with Saturns, if it is as bad as you say, it would not be worth it to invest more money into it. Though it sounds like financially you have no choice so I say fix it, and when the car breaks down, you have the I told you so card to play.lol

There's been quite a few problems with Saturns, if it is as bad as you say, it would not be worth it to invest more money into it. Though it sounds like financially you have no choice so I say fix it, and when the car breaks down, you have the I told you so card to play.lol

....or you could always say: "Dang honey, that was a surprise!" What do you think we should do now?"

Hahaha

It always makes someone feel better, when they are included in the process.

you ever watch the marriage ref? give them a try, it wont solve anything but at least we get a good laugh about it,

i say scrap it and buy a new TRUCK and dont tell her about it until it's sittin in the driveway, might as well buy a boat too, AHAHAHAH can u tell im not married, sorry bud

OK,a little history on the vehicle.My dad cringed at first buying it new.He liked the v8 chevys as I do.Well he he was injured at work and needed something economical.And it was to this day.He liked the fact that the door panels bounced,LOL.And truely enough I had to put it to the test with a shopping cart in the summer of 95.LOL.Thats me at the time.LOL.Anyway it was good,clean and quick.Well Dada past away and mom drove it.It was time for a new car.Bonus,free car for the wife,ah no!2400 bucks in show room condition.No prob!4weeks later it looked like a tornado went threw it.

Anyway, shortly after a CURB HIT HER!.NEW SUBFRAME,I put in.NOT HAppy at all.Then 2 rims a month later.(I didnt ask)I KNEW!!!!!!!!!!AGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!Some little problems due to idiots trying to steel it.

ANYWHOOOOO, for the last little incident,arghhhhh!!!!!Shesays she backed up and went forward in the the drive way and heard a noise.HMMMMMMM!!!!

Wiffey noise.I came home and found the exhaust system wrapped around the rear axle and clinching it.AND IM THE BAD GUY HERE????????????????

To continue on,Its at the shop and the exhaust workis done,250 bucks plus 50 tow bill.NOW the emissions,HEHEHE, and im not laughing at all.The egr vavle is gone(300plus bcks),imsure the cat is fed up,a solonoid in the tranny is going.HMMMMM.Its only worth a good float rod IMO,or scrap metal.

This car had a good life and its time for it to go,a very goooood life.

BUT THE WIFE SAY NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!Arghhhhhhh.I say time to put her at rest.

AND NOW!!!!!ARGHHHHH LETS ADD 30grand to the mortgage.WHATTTTT!!!!!FOR A NEW CAR.I HAVENT HAD THE MORTG FOR 5 YRS YET!!!!!!Johnf can you help?

ARRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!A can of wiffey smartner upper will suffice for know!!IM Keeping cool!

AND NOW!!!!!ARGHHHHH LETS ADD 30grand to the mortgage.WHATTTTT!!!!!FOR A NEW CAR.I HAVENT HAD THE MORTG FOR 5 YRS YET!!!!!!Johnf can you help?

ARRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!A can of wiffey smartner upper will suffice for know!!IM Keeping cool!

I guess a "That's what she said" would be a little uncomfortable right now eh? Just joking buddy!

Always remember "This too shall pass"....maybe get you through the moments you want to tear the wife apart!!

....Always remember, you Married her for some damned reason.

Yep.. she helped him stagger home from the bar one night...

I'm with Lew on this one.. 28 years come August.. biggest argument is "what do you want for supper"?

I guess a "That's what she said" would be a little uncomfortable right now eh? Just joking buddy!

Always remember "This too shall pass"....maybe get you through the moments you want to tear the wife apart!!

LOL,lets go fishin!!!!!No argument there.LOL

It might be interesting to hear the wife's side of the story but I don't think we'll hear it. Don't knock your wife....you chose her, remember? It's making you look bad. In my not so humble opinion...