Fake Hull Number

linweir

Helped a friend to see a Crestliner boat, which is a nice rigged boat. However, hull number is not valid after check Crestliner dealer. Boat is legally registered in service Canada and Transport Canada, though.

Seller said he bought from another one, but doesn't have any receipts.

Price is very good.

You think it's worth to buy, or must go away?

Gee... I'd sure hate to hand over my money and then have the OPP seize it as you are loading the "proceeds of crime" onto your trailer in the middle of your holiday!

Call Crestliner directly.. ask about the hull number. If it's bogus.. call the police and do your deed. Karma's a great thing...

Helped a friend to see a Crestliner boat, which is a nice rigged boat. However, hull number is not valid after check Crestliner dealer. Boat is legally registered in service Canada and Transport Canada, though.

Seller said he bought from another one, but doesn't have any receipts.

Price is very good.

You think it's worth to buy, or must go away?

Unless the present owner comes up with the proper vessel registration paper, it's "his problem" if he didn't register it to his name after "buying" it and until he has the correct paper, then you can't legally get it transferred and registered in your name. Like Wayne, Terry and Roy said, get a "real" check done. If you don't and get caught on a routine check, don't come crying, the river's already deep enough.

Gee... I'd sure hate to hand over my money and then have the OPP seize it as you are loading the "proceeds of crime" onto your trailer in the middle of your holiday!

Call Crestliner directly.. ask about the hull number. If it's bogus.. call the police and do your deed. Karma's a great thing...

Wayne...is right. Don't buy hot property, next time a stolen boat or whatever is for sale it could have been yours. Do the right thing.

BTW Wayne, I can tell you too are an Aries I didn't even have to go through the effort to look at your profile, but I did and at 101 years old it's no wonder you are also so wise :rofl2:

Guys

Thanx for yu advices.

It's no way to say it's a "Stolen" boat now. Owner has legal pleasure craft license under his name from Transport Canada.

I know someones changed hull number to make an older boat to be "newer" one for better price. Of course it could be more serious...