Tagged Out!

Was able to get out with two buddies in Tay township for a sunday gun hunt (only township around that's allowed).

The other two set up at the bottom of the field and I set up on the top end, about 300 yards away from them.

They had 4 birds walk directly behind them, totally ignored their decoys and they didn't even see them until it was too late. I saw the birds and they just started walking my way. It felt like an eternity, but leaning against the tree, I watched them about about 20 yards away...two hens...a jake...and a TOM! YEE HAW....slowly lifted the REM and bang. Nice bird.......with a really big fan.

Done for the year, might go out a couple of times to call and video tape for some guys...time to get my boat ready!

IMG00031-20100502-1856.jpg

It is possible to have a hen (female)with a beard,which is legal to shoot.You can not take a hen in the spring(without abeard),but can in the fall hunt.Then theres the jake,a yound male ,which you can shoot.The big tom is the prize hunt.

Guest gbfisher

Man... I shore wish one of you "great white hunters" could actually tag one of our smart birds here in the yard.....

:whistling::D:huh:

I'll come kill them all if you want.... :sarcasm:

Nice Boid Martin.