Anyone care to help us choose a lake?

Rodwrap

Our group usually consists of 6 guys & 4 teenage boys. We;ve gone to Chemong /Buckhorn for near 20 years( not the kids,obviously).

If you were targeting mostly pickerel, but enjoy crappies, too, where would you suggest?

Thank you for helping

PS..2 of our boats are larger...19' one is I/O....

Edited by Rodwrap

thanx...but we prefer a little farther north..or northeast...like 3 hrs. from Ontario..

Try Quebec! Put a map of northern Quebec on a wall, put on a blindfold, and throw a dart. You should be good.

Our group usually consists of 6 guys & 4 teenage boys. We;ve gone to Chemong /Buckhorn for near 20 years( not the kids,obviously).

If you were targeting mostly pickerel, but enjoy crappies, too, where would you suggest?

Thank you for helping

PS..2 of our boats are larger...19' one is I/O....

Check out Bark Lake near Barry's Bay.

Walleye, Pike, Lake Trout, Bass and Whitefish. Haven't really targeted panfish and I don't think there are crappie in the lake.

Actually Bark Lake is a good pic. Town of Madawaska just before entering Algonquin Park. The fishing pressure is really low for a lake of this size and there are some big lakers to be caught there. The walleye fishing is great also. I might be going there this weekend. Jimmer have you been there this year?

Actually Bark Lake is a good pic. Town of Madawaska just before entering Algonquin Park. The fishing pressure is really low for a lake of this size and there are some big lakers to be caught there. The walleye fishing is great also. I might be going there this weekend. Jimmer have you been there this year?

No I haven't been there this year, but I defintiely want to try for the late May or early June walleye. Definitely very low pressure on that lake, very few buildings on the lake and a feeling of being on a wilderness lake. Sunnyhill Resort area is probably the most built up and that's not much. I did stay up the Madawaska a few times, but coming down the river to get into the lake burns a lot of gas. There are two great launches on the lake, one off the Papineau Lake Rd. and one on the west side of the lake north of Maynooth. Adventure Fishing Maps has a good map of the lake. I remember many of the anglers trolling the sand dropoff into deeper water as you head north towards the Madawaska. Different walleye fishing, more like you see in the Midwest I believe. However, the regular techniques did work for me in the summer.

Let us know how you do if you go this weekend!

Oldphart my buddy has a cottage on Lake Clear a gorgous lake. Can see 20 ft down and the smallies and walleyes are nice. They have a walleye slot limit there, I think it's anything under 18 inches has to go back. It can be a tricky lake to fish.Rodwrap pm me if you want more infi on Lake Clear.