Old Batteries

Fishnwire

I've got a couple hundred dead D and AA batteries. What should I do with them? I'm fairly certain the shouldn't go in the household trash, so I've just been stockpiling them for a couple of years in bags in my shed.

I've got a couple hundred dead D and AA batteries. What should I do with them? I'm fairly certain the shouldn't go in the household trash, so I've just been stockpiling them for a couple of years in bags in my shed.

I can't believe you actually saved them instead of putting them in the trash. Good to see someone's thinking of the environment. Kudos.

Hazardous Waste Materials Day has it!

Check your local trash collection leaflet for the dates in your area. (2010 should of come to you recently)

I like to leave them around my house randomly so when I'm out of batteries and on the hunt... I at least entertain myself for a while.

*Yes I found one* *damn its dead* *puts back where he found*

:wallbash:

Hazardous Waste Materials Day has it!

Check your local trash collection leaflet for the dates in your area. (2010 should of come to you recently)

I like to leave them around my house randomly so when I'm out of batteries and on the hunt... I at least entertain myself for a while.

*Yes I found one* *damn its dead* *puts back where he found*

:wallbash:

LMAO that's exactly what I used to do now I through them in the garage so I don't do that.

I have a bunch of AA batteries in a grocery bag to I usually use rechargables but won't through out the regular ones I will put them in a bucket and save them till I have a lot how much are these things worth Dan B .

About 30-50 cents a pound, I use a lot at work and usually get about $150/month from scrapping them.

About 30-50 cents a pound, I use a lot at work and usually get about $150/month from scrapping them.

Whats $150 worth of batteries look like Dan... I'm now interested... What about like power supply batteries and things like that? or is this just AAA, AA batteries you are recycling...

Because I know I could collect tons... My work pays people to take them away lol.

Whats $150 worth of batteries look like Dan... I'm now interested... What about like power supply batteries and things like that? or is this just AAA, AA batteries you are recycling...

Because I know I could collect tons... My work pays people to take them away lol.

I'm guessing you'd need 4,000 AA batteries. Weigh a dozen batteries and take it from there.

75 of these

240948.jpg

Pay me to take them away