Hows about the weather...

huntervasili

It's really coming down here at Yorkdale. Thankfully I made to St Catharines this morning to see a client and made it back to the office in the nick of time. Now for heading home to Oakville tonight..........not gonna be fun.

Hamilton Mountain, snow has been coming down for about two and a half hours, at a 45 degree angle... Looks like we are getting hit again... glad I canceled my appt's and got to stay in today...

Edited by Jen

Oh, lucky me... I have to drive 714 km in this sh.. stuff tonight.

Maybe I'll bring my camara tonight and do an "ice report" LOL..... I usually see 10-15 wipeouts on a night like this. Most of them tend to be car parts haulers, garbage haulers and over confident SUV owners.

-Brian

I just got back.... man are the roads a MESS! not to mention the dumb dumb drivers out there... took me 45 minutes to get to Vaughan and 3.5 Hours to get back home.... People out there are nuts!! SUVs and cars driving the shoulders of the highways, people without their full lighting system on in white out conditions, people driving through stop signs and red lights (yes I mean driving not sliding)

I hope everyone that had to go out today makes it home safely as well as their loved ones...

The highways are gonna be nuts today thanks to a train derailment in Pickering.. So that means no via or GO train service for awhile...

Freezing rain here on Hamilton Mountain ATM.

Gerritt.

Freekin sloppy mess North of Sarnia where I live. I have about 2" of slush on the drive with the trees loaded with ice. Still windy with a driving rain, sleet, snow mix.

The TV reports the GTA hiways are like a parking lot and my daughter has about 45 KM to go across the 401 and the Parkway.....she just called to say she booked a hotel room just up the road from her work and will be spending the night there.

Makes a dad feel much better ;)

I bailed from work around 2:30, and told my staff to hit the road. I had no difficulties, as most were driving smart with vehicles well spaced. The 403 eastbound was moving at 40 - 50 km/Hr, but there were no issues, safe and sound at home in about 45 minutes, only double regular travel time.

Now the kinders are safe at home as well, pollo pizzaiole in the oven, wood fireplace is lit, all is well with this winter world.

I bailed from work around 2:30, and told my staff to hit the road. I had no difficulties, as most were driving smart with vehicles well spaced. The 403 eastbound was moving at 40 - 50 km/Hr, but there were no issues, safe and sound at home in about 45 minutes, only double regular travel time.

Now the kinders are safe at home as well, pollo pizzaiole in the oven, wood fireplace is lit, all is well with this winter world.

Good to hear Doug, I am glad that everyone made it home ok!