Some real nice sunset pics

limeyangler

Went out to get (try and get again) some crappie...............

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The sun started to dip and the crappie were still nowhere to be found.

IMG_0823.jpg

They are in there somewhere......i tried on the ice and got one nice 13" one......but have been unsuccessful finding them in any numbers. As it started to get darker a few big arcs on the fishfinder would come up and check the bait...but would not take. I tried everything from slip bobbers to the same jigs i use on the ice, small rapalas (suspending), beetlespins, leeches(gulp), those tube jig things with the feathers at the end, minnows , northland minnow jigs, but nada, zip, zilch....lol

I headed back home feeling frustrated but the awesome sunset soothed my mood and ironed out my somewhat furrowed brow....cant beat the NW Ontario sunsets.....

IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

those are awesome pictures !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very nice report.

the video camera makes the boat look like its flying..

LOL...just looked at the vid...it does have a flying feel to it...makes the boat look like its fast too......really shes the slowest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Simon,is that the opening to Mile Lk in your vid,I haven't been on the Goon for years but that looked familiar.Great sunset pic.

It sure is Blue Lk, are'nt you out on blue lake hammering the lakers yet?...come on...what ya waiting for!

I envy the sunsets you enjoy, but I do not envy the blackflys that should be coming your way soon :tease:

Tis true Bruce..... the black flies are a pain. Not so bad when out in the boat around where we are....the real annoyance are the 'ankle biters'....they look like regular house flies but bite the hell outta your ankles...they can bite right through socks too....some days the boat is full of them....and they just sit on the hull when you move so they are ready to snack again when you stop....no geting away from them...lol.

You live in a piece of paradise. Awesome pics. Hope u have a spare room. We are coming up that way soon. We do not snore.........very much, cheers. :thumbsup_anim::good:

lemme know when your up this way....might get out in a boat together :thumbsup_anim:

Nice.... real nice Simon :thumbsup_anim:

Don't get yourself beat up on them crappies.... I'm sure you'll find them soon :Gonefishing:..... just a matter of time :good:

Loved the pics of the NWO sunsets B)

As always, great report, pics and videos!!!

Jacques

Nice.... real nice Simon :thumbsup_anim:

Don't get yourself beat up on them crappies.... I'm sure you'll find them soon :Gonefishing:..... just a matter of time :good:

Loved the pics of the NWO sunsets B)

As always, great report, pics and videos!!!

Jacques

i hope so jacques, lol.....they certainly have been elusive

Limey, beauty photos. The third one is now the wallpaper on my i pod touch.

Hope you don't mind.

Nemo

Dont mind at all Nemo....the 3rd pic is also my desktop wallpaper/background now too.

[quote name='limeyangler' date='23 April 2010 - 08:43 AM

It sure is Blue Lk, are'nt you out on blue lake hammering the lakers yet?...come on...what ya waiting for!

Simon I am not a really big fan of trout,lots of work to do around the place :rolleyes: But can hardly wait for walleye opener.