OFN

danc

I've been working in Red Lake at the gold mines lately. My shift is 21 days in and 7 days out. I'm on my second turn up here right now. So today I had to go down to an office area to make a few phone calls and send a couple of faxes. On my way out I saw an old salesman buddy of mine that I used to deal with in Thunder Bay. I had already ran into him a couple of times up here so seeing him wasn't a surprise. He was outside having a smoke with another fellow. I stopped to say hello and the conversation soon turned to fishing, as my buddy knew that I was into fishing. I had some Brook Trout photos on my phone camera and showed them a few of them. The guy that I didn't know was quite impressed as he practically drooled over the photos. It was soon apparent that he loved his fishing as well. So I got talking to him and he told me that he was from Toronto and how he ended up in the north of the province. He told me that a friend of his had convinced him to move north and to persue his love of the outdoors. He told me how much his friend had helped and encouraged him to follow his dream. He then asked me "Have you ever heard of OFC"? I practically laughed in his face as I told him that I was an OFC moderator and a small share holder. "Really? What's your name?" he asked next. "Dan Collins" I replied. He drew a blank stare. "DanC" I said next. His blank stare turned into an ear to ear grin and he replied "Really? You're DanC?" Apparently he loves his Brookies and recalled several of my reports. Needless to say we talked for a good half hour or so.

I've also been in touch with grt1 from just down the road at Gullrock lake, and works practically right across the street from where I'm staying. We've yet to meet face to face but I'm sure we will as summer approaches. It looks like I'll be here for a long time.

I also received a pm with some valuable info from TennesseeGuy. I hope to run into him some time this summer as well. (I owe you a pm Connie)

Anyways, my point is this. No matter where you are in this great province of ours, you're never too far from OFC.

One more thing about the fellow that I met this afternoon. His name is Harlan Schwartz. And the name of the friend that encouraged him to follow his dreams? A guy by the name of TJ Quesnel.

OFC. It's everywhere.

yup, HTHM, I thought that could be the way to get the boat to Thunder Bay but since I have yet to get together with Dan I certainly couldn't impose on him to do this.

Dan, if you get a chance send me a pm with a number that I can reach you at, just in case the time comes to wet a line.

By the way Ranger has said he wants the boat and since he was the first to reply I am holding it for him, but I have sent him 2 emails and still haven't heard back from him. I hope he reads this post because I don't want to have the boat around all summer. If I don't hear from him within a couple weeks, I'll get in touch with the next on the list.

Edited by grt1

IF you are there in the fall Dan, give the keystone walleye fishing derby a try. It is on the long weekend in September or at least be around for the weigh ins at the docks. Very interesting.

Also, take a walking tour of McKenzie Island community. It probably hasnt changed in twenty five years. It's like taking a step back in time.

If that blows your mind hows about this.

I live in a small place called Hamilton Virginia USA and I come to find out my next door neighbor is also a member of OFC.....small world eh?

Art

Yeah, yeah sure but your next door neighbour is your brother Joe...Daplumma! :D

hahahahaha I love you guys....