Did Anyone Lose This??? NF

ccmtcanada

Bly and I took the dog for a walk down on the north shore of Lake Ontario tonight and saw this dock washed up on the beach. Most of the planks are missing (I didn't take them...honest!! :whistling: ). If it's yours, please PM me and I'll let you know where to pick it up!!! :thumbsup_anim:

gallery_60_22_38817.jpg

gallery_60_22_23649.jpg

Oh yeah...your blue barrels are scattered around a 200 yard area on the beach as well.

We just had a thread about cleaning up garbage...unfortunately, this didn't fit in the garbage bag we had with us. :dunno:

Edited by ccmtcanada

A dock..heck that's nothing.. a guy lost his entire boat house and it went a few miles down Lake Temagami last fall...the night before freeze up. Will look for that picture..

LOL Wayne...was his boat in it still?? Looking forward to that pic! I've lived in Ajax/Whitby my entire life and have seen lots of plywood, and HUGE trees along the shore, but this is the first time I saw a whole dock sitting there. It sure was strange to see!!!

My folks are on Lake Muskoka and docks wash in to their shoreline every year it seams. Last summer I spied a large picnic table from the Town beach floating almost submerged in the Bay- I towed it to the house. Parents called the Town to come and get it and they sent two girls in a pickup. My 70 year old parents had to help them load it up! Tax dollars at work!

Have also found dock dribs moved by ice- just under the surface- the hard way!

When were fish'n Quinte in the springtime, we camp at the extreme east end of a long narrow bay, and if there's a strong wind from the west for a couple days it can actually push the water into the bay and raise the level by as much as a foot.

Couple years back we headed down to the dock to go out fish'n, and sure enuff, the dock had floated off it's crib in the high water and drifted away with my boat still attached to it :w00t::w00t:

Luckily there was another person there with a boat and was able to chase mine down and bring it back in.

Who'd of thought when you tie up to a dock, you need to chuck the anchor out too :oops:

When were fish'n Quinte in the springtime, we camp at the extreme east end of a long narrow bay, and if there's a strong wind from the west for a couple days it can actually push the water into the bay and raise the level by as much as a foot.

Couple years back we headed down to the dock to go out fish'n, and sure enuff, the dock had floated off it's crib in the high water and drifted away with my boat still attached to it :w00t::w00t:

Luckily there was another person there with a boat and was able to chase mine down and bring it back in.

Who'd of thought when you tie up to a dock, you need to chuck the anchor out too :oops:

Lew...oh man...I can just picture you walking down to the dock with coffee in hand...taking a look around and then spitting the coffee out!! Good thing there was that other person there to get your boat!!!

Oh yeah...your blue barrels are scattered around a 200 yard area on the beach as well.

Good timing since my friend was hoping to convert his docks to floating ones. (LOL)

Just kidding, won't take something that doesn't belong to me.

LOL` :lol: he must of did that while we were all asleep. If I don't get that back soon, I will have no where to put him when he has been naughty.LOL :lol: I guess Angelina's playhouse will have to do for now.LOL :lol::w00t:

LOL...her playhouse? Why punish Angelina for his behavior?? Hey wait...I wanna fish in his Lund this year...so I'm gonna be nice to him now...LOL