Got my 4lb steelhead....Finally!!! LOL

steelhead197

Awesome fish! I always underestimate the weight of my fish now because I find people are less likely to jump all over you. Just remember it's mostly jealousy!

As others have said I think you may need to keep trying for that 20 pounder though.

Brendan_Opener.jpg

The one day I forgot my tape measure I get the biggest steelhead that I've caught. We estimated it at around 16lbs but who's to say? It looked like a chinook while I was fighting it in the pool. Another that I caught a few year back on a charter (I know, it doesn't really count) went 16.2lbs and was 35" I believe.

Too bad the fish is apparently "32"length with 22" girth" so according to your super accurate calculator the fish is 28.16lbs. You're putting in the numbers reversed and its under 20lbs. Either way that scale is way off. Some Steelheaders catch their fish 12-13lbs fish and automatically its 20lbs. It's a solid fish but nowhere near 20lbs.

Carry a scale and i think you'll be surprised how much your "20lber" weighs. Pushing the fish against the camera lens doesn't make it any bigger. Take a legit shot of the fish or pics with the measuring tape next to the fish or simply buy a scale.

YouMad.jpg

Not mad. I just find it funny how every big rainbow is 20lbs. It's a solid fish without a doubt but people need to actually weigh steelhead. 15lbs is a SOLID bow.

What's even more funny is that Solo(the only one who knows what a rainbow is) knows it's nowhere near 20lbs. He just has a nicer way to say it.

It's a nice fish but invest in a scale and weigh rainbows. You'll be surprised.

Too bad the fish is apparently "32"length with 22" girth" so according to your super accurate calculator the fish is 28.16lbs. You're putting in the numbers reversed and its under 20lbs. Either way that scale is way off. Some Steelheaders catch their fish 12-13lbs fish and automatically its 20lbs. It's a solid fish but nowhere near 20lbs.

Carry a scale and i think you'll be surprised how much your "20lber" weighs. Pushing the fish against the camera lens doesn't make it any bigger. Take a legit shot of the fish or pics with the measuring tape next to the fish or simply buy a scale.

asshat.gif comments like this are the reason a lot of people dont post pics or put up reports....... Nice bow!

:clapping: Its a Great fish congrats on that for sure, Having handelled lots of 70cm fish they generally dont top out at more then 15 to 17 lb

with it being close to 81 inches it would be one of the largest steelhead I have seen in a while and I bet I have seen a few thousand in the last few years.

Regardless I was twiddling my thumbs while you were chuckin some guts!!! its Chomer time who cares just fish

Well boys and girls....was fishing an Ontario Trib on the weekend and caught about 4 or 5 nice steelhead.....when this one hit!!

What a fight!!! What a fish.32 by 22inch....will remember this day for the rest of my life!!

Enjoy!

Shayno

Nice one shanebow,check out mine on team 1 31" hen.aprox 12 lbs or so

Oh, look a parade......let's rain on it <_<

Heck of a nice fish!

Hey Sebastian....buy a calculater....LOL You have exposed your ignorance!! I don't think you could work a scale..if you can't do simple math???

Fusion.....did you fell the need to say "no where near 20lb's" twice???

Did you fell like you were not heard the first time?? Or do you stutter???

Solo....you gotta stop fishing in your bathtub across the boarder, and try a drift in Canada!! Who cant catch fish in the states? Really?

To the fella who posted the pic of the montster steelhead.....WOW thanks for sharing that pic. That is a fantastic specimen!!

BYE!!

Fusion.....did you fell the need to say "no where near 20lb's" twice???

Did you fell like you were not heard the first time?? Or do you stutter???

I don't know were you saw it twice? But I will gladly say it again.

NO WERE NEAR 20LBS...

Edited by FUSION

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i'd give it 13. when i finally held a 20lb salmon it was impressive to see just how big 20 lbs actually is. definitely a thick fish, but it's also held out to the cam.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

The one day I forgot my tape measure I get the biggest steelhead that I've caught. We estimated it at around 16lbs but who's to say? It looked like a chinook while I was fighting it in the pool. Another that I caught a few year back on a charter (I know, it doesn't really count) went 16.2lbs and was 35" I believe.

great fish. that isn't from a superior trib is it? what a behemoth.

i dont see why you ripped paddler, did he say something offensive?

he didnt say anything offensive other then he caught a fish while all these :asshat: are sittin at home dreaming of catching a fish .. its a beauty for sure .. for all those that put down his fish because it isnt 20lbs go grab your rod .. no not that one .. your fishing one .. hit a trib and catch a darn fish .. This is why I dont bother with fishing reports anymore .. too many armchair fisheman .. surprised no one has asked where you caught it yet