who is out of gas?

lunkerbasshunter

Tony...if you do head North on fumes and can't leave Temagami...see you Next Friday ! LOL I do suggest you fill your tank in North Bay (Mr. Gas..top of the hill going out of North Bay) to be safe though....

Thanks for the tip Wayne. Someone also suggested we take some Jerry cans of fuel. The problem with that is, then we have to take less beer to fit the extra gas cans! :rolleyes::lol:

Tony

Tony, any time you head up into the wild north it is recommended that you take additional :jerry: cans. I would recommend at least 1/2 of your vehicles capacity at a minimum. For example, I take 2 5 gal cans in addition to filling up at a station up there. My truck holds 100 litres, but if you get stranded and need to run your engine for heat, running out of gas could be life threatening.

If you are worried about space, take some whisky in place of beer (another bonus is that it doesn't freeze. B)

I think you'll be fine Tony. Just fill in North Bay..three stations just before McD's and then Mr.Gas..Husky etc up on the hill as you leave on #11. It's only 100km to Temagami from there and to be safe for the return trip refill at Shell right in Temagami... as they're bound to have fuel..but if they don't I'm sure Temagami Marine will pump you some premium from the fuel dock pump as they keep that whole area plowed. Rock Pine Motel also has fuel just south of Martin River PPark.

I was watching the noon news today and a spokesman for ESSO says they should start getting back on track this weekend seeing as they now have most of the fire damage repaired.

When the interviewer asked how soon we could expect the gasoline prices to start dropping back to normal now that their producing again, the spokesman seemed genuinely surprised at the question and actually said that the rise in prices had nothing to do with the fires, and it was just a natural increase due to the cold winter and low oil stocks in the U.S.......

They must have to keep all the excuses for high prices written down on a piece of paper in front of themselves so they don't get them mixed up from one day to the next. :wallbash:

I was watching the CBC last night and one of the comments I heard was specifically directed at gas prices in Ontario. They claimed that Ontario has the lowest gas prices in the counrty and that the prices we are seeing today, in the .95 to $1.00 /ltr. range, are equal to what the rest of the country is paying every day. The lower prices we had been seeing was the result of competition in the GTA. They also suggested that it will take some time, before there will be any reduction in price at the pumps. It will take "market share" price wars to get the price to dip again.

I guess that means that we'll be paying through the nose for a while folks!

HH

The problem has started here Carl.Some Petro cans and shell gas stations have been closing. <_<

really mike? here on the north shore of mtl nothing has closed yet i dont think too much will close dont we have our own refineries in montreals north end?