Site upgrade status and support.

bigfish1965

when i view a post and then hit the back button i keep getting

web page has expired.

I am going to say it is a cookie issue. An older browser or extremely tight security setting will do that. There are lots of links to bring you back which also reloads the page instead of using cache.

The new set up works great on the iPhone. When in mobile mode you can't see how many pages in a thread so you have to click on it and then go to last page. Doubles the time. Other than that it functions great.

adding stuff for iPhones, Androids and Blackberry phones soon :)

Good work Rick but you might consider limiting the number of lines of interests that people have -some of them are half a page long which I am sure they never intended as it was never that way before..

vance

Good work Rick but you might consider limiting the number of lines of interests that people have -some of them are half a page long which I am sure they never intended as it was never that way before..

vance

Fixed!! Interests now only show on profile

You can change the font from within your browser. I view all sites with the same font...Georgia. This is a Clear Type font, so make sure you have clear type enabled on your computer. It will be fuzzy if you don't. I think all Vista and Win7 systems come with clear type enabled by default.

If you are running XP click this link for more info on Clear Type.

I checked into this. I use Windows Vista Home Premium and the latest Firefox. My only option is to change to my own font for ALL the sites I visit, but I don't want to do that as this new site install is the only one that is giving me a little trouble. The OFC site font tends to clump "i's" and "l's" very close together, something I don't get elsewhere.

I think the old site font used to be Times New Roman or something very similar.

I checked into this. I use Windows Vista Home Premium and the latest Firefox. My only option is to change to my own font for ALL the sites I visit, but I don't want to do that as this new site install is the only one that is giving me a little trouble. The OFC site font tends to clump "i's" and "l's" very close together, something I don't get elsewhere.

I think the old site font used to be Times New Roman or something very similar.

Okay..if you are using Firefox, do this. In Firefox, go to View>Zoom and check Zoom Text Only, then use CTRL and wheel mouse to set text size which opens the kerneling a bit too

Okay..if you are using Firefox, do this. In Firefox, go to View>Zoom and check Zoom Text Only, then use CTRL and wheel mouse to set text size which opens the kerneling a bit too

Thanks, Rick. Much improved!

I did not know that little trick.

Why is it when I click on a link from a post, it doesn't open in a new window anymore?

Other than that, job well done! Love the new chat :)

S.

It is now considered taboo to direct links to a new tab/window. This software was built to strict W3C compliance. There is a work-around but I need to take some Java scripting lessons first before I meddle with that.

The reasoning is it is thought the user can get back to the site they came from should they choose to.

If you want links to open in a new tab in Firefox, just click with the middle button (wheel button...it should click down) or press CTRL and click the link.

Now this may be a work thing with all the filters they have on us but here we go. Text that falls to the lower right side of the post is gone. However, if I highlight the area the text is visable for a short period of time.

Can you give me a screen shot of that as well as your browser version, screen resolution and Java version?

If the thread has a couple pictures in a row, the first reply seems to get mixed in with the pictures.

S.

Adjust the screen size (CTRL and mouse wheel scroll) or update your Java if that doesn't work. :)

If both those don't work, post a screen shot.

Which version of IE is that Dave? Can you update your Java and see if it still happens?

I tried many times to get that to happen and I can't replicate it.

It is IE7 and I use Sun java, it is the most current update, 03/22/10, went to the Sun site, nothing more current.

It is IE7 and I use Sun java, it is the most current update, 03/22/10, went to the Sun site, nothing more current.

I have sent your screen shot in for technical advice, since I can't get it to happen. In the mean time, you may want to upgrade to IE8 since it is the most current IE version and has many security fixes that patch IE7 vulnerabilities.