Medals are Adding Up

spinnerbaitking

I am amazed at what we are doing so far this year.

The way that it is going is impressive. One more medal from womens hockey to come.

The 'overall winner' is decided by number of golds so we actually have a shot. That would be something :)

Maybe we can get the government to see that spending money on our Olympic athletes is worth more than a lot of the other crap we spend it on.

The way that it is going is impressive. One more medal from womens hockey to come.

The 'overall winner' is decided by number of golds so we actually have a shot. That would be something :)

Maybe we can get the government to see that spending money on our Olympic athletes is worth more than a lot of the other crap we spend it on.

Perhaps the outstanding show of national pride will sink in with the pols. I don't think they get the concept that sports can be a unifying factor for us nationally. I love seeing Canadians show a little attitude for a change instead of worrying about who we're gonna offend.

JF

The 'overall winner' is decided by number of golds so we actually have a shot. That would be something smile.gif

I am hearing or reading different stuff when it comes to overall winner. AFter the COC said that the own the podium failed due to the number of medals and not being able to catch the U.S., the next day, they were saying that its the number of Gold that wins? This sounds to me that they are trying to justify our medal totals? I am overall impressed with the Olympics, but i just dont think we are were we should be, and the medal count dictates this to me, this is just my opinion remember.

Dont get me wrong, i am proud of all the atheletes that are competing and very proud to be Canadian

I am hearing or reading different stuff when it comes to overall winner. AFter the COC said that the own the podium failed due to the number of medals and not being able to catch the U.S., the next day, they were saying that its the number of Gold that wins? This sounds to me that they are trying to justify our medal totals? I am overall impressed with the Olympics, but i just dont think we are were we should be, and the medal count dictates this to me, this is just my opinion remember.

Dont get me wrong, i am proud of all the atheletes that are competing and very proud to be Canadian

I don't know why there isn't more talk about the population of the different countries. The US has 10 times our population. Germany has 3 times ours. Seems logical to me that with a woder base from which to choose athletes, and arguably a stronger gene pool though that may be a reach, that these countries have an edge over Canada. Norway on the other hand is tiny population-wise, so good for them.

And I'm not totally against counting first place finishes only. What other sporting event but horse racing cares who comes in second or third. It's all about being the best for most. Whether it's right or not though, I think that if Canada can come out on top of the gold medal count, more power to us. In a way it says we're the best of the best, doesn't it. As for counting silvers and golds, then let's go deeper and consider the 4th and 5th place finishes. Heaven knows, we've got our share of those.

JF

Your right...when California has more people than all of Canada it does make our medals or even performances seem all more special.

And Hey! we are going to get another medal tonight and a garanteed a medal from Bernard!

Sounds more like a bunch of bureaucrats trying to justify their existance and their budget. Looks like the women are assured gold or silver in hockey and curling, WTG.

Your right...when California has more people than all of Canada it does make our medals or even performances seem all more special.

And Hey! we are going to get another medal tonight and a garanteed a medal from Bernard!

So how's our medal count compared to California? :D

JF

You're right, it does sound fishy, but using number of golds to determine the standings wasn't something the COC created.

After watching the hockey game last night, I was redirected to the womens Bobsledding comp. Unfriggen beleivable.I thought the German had it untill they wiped out.Their is surely alot of talent in our nation.I would like to add some thing, but I will wait for T J to start. :D