Williams Ice fishing spoons

vinnimon

I was brought to my attention on saturday that the double hooks break very easily.I checked all my spoons and what I found was corrosion.I bent one of the hooks and it broke.My question is, Is there a replacement hook available for the williams spoons?Ive never, ever seen then in all the baitshops ive been in.Do they make them and where can I purchase them?The double hook that slips on the middle of the spoon.Thanks in advance.V

Yes, they are available.

Personally I take them off just because they are a PIA and always getting caught up on stuff.

They are pretty crappy hooks to begin with. I got a brand new one caught in my rod carrier and broke it trying to get it out. :angry:

Replacement Williams Double Hooks

Its almost like a hook you would buy from a dollar store.

I remove those hooks as soon as I unpackage them. A better option is another small treble on the top split ring so the hook rides on the inside of the spoon, thus pointing up when the spoon settles on the bottom. Whiteys tend to grab one end or the other, not the middle.

i bought some of those jigging spoons before and i could never figure out why those double hooks were there. i did some research online and i found some articles on them and the proper use of them. those jigging spoons are were made for fishing bottom. you drop the lure to bottom so its laying there and you give it light twitches to act like a minnow dying on the bottom with silt moving around. the fish comes and sucks it up and odds are it gets hooked by those middle hooks. this lure is deadly on whitefish.